IPCC-Best Reference Books?

Ashwani (--) (24 Points)

20 November 2010  

Hello Dear CA Clubbers

Well,I know this topic and question would have been posted and answered several times but I did want a cusomised advice for myself.

I am doing my IPCC and my attempt is in May 2011.(with both groups) I always give first preference to the institute modules no matter what. (including compilation and RTPs).

(1)For the case of reference books,I do not really fancy short cuts or books that only rely on formulae and easy ways...to quote for example,(with all due respect) N.S.Govindan's Vat and Service Tax..that book doesnt help me because I need to cramp things inside without understanding...(I teach myself and dont go for classes) So a certain level of explanation is what I desire from the books that you suggest for me

(2) I also do not prefer a question-answer model of refernce books

(3) For practical subjects (like Accountancy,Costing and Tax)- A book with a good number of sums

Here are the subjects that fall under the IPCC scheme:

(1) Accountancy (advanced accountancy included)

(2) Business Law, Ethics and Communication

(3) Auditing and Assurance

(4) Cost Accounting and Financial Management

(5) Taxation

(6) Infotech and Strategic Management

P.S- For Accounts,I refer Tulsian's Book..I do like it but do you have anything better to suggest? Also, for tax I have been using T.M.Manoharan's Book...although I have heard quite alot about V.K.Singhania

Thankyou all! :)

Have a lovely day ahead!