INTIMATION U/S 143(1) OF THE INCOME TAX

Mallika (STL) (24 Points)

29 March 2011  

Dear Tax Experts,

Receintly I received an e-mail with the PDF attachment with the heading "INTIMATION U/S 143(1) OF THE INCOME TAX" for teh A.Y 2010-11.

Under INCOME TAX COMPUTATION (IN RUPEES) section, there are below 2 columns

As Provided by Taxpayer in Return of  Income

As Computed Under Section 143(1)

Also I had to get the hugh REFUND from IT, at the bottom NET AMOUNT REFUNDABLE = 0

how do I understand these 2 columns. This mail id from

CPC, Post Bag No.2, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore-560100

Telephone: 18004252229 (Toll Free) or 080-43456700

Can somebody explain how to validate these 2 columns and general about  U/S 143(1) ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mallika

Also given the below details:

Note:

1)The Refund, if any, is issued by State Bank of India on behalf of the Income Tax Department. Interest under

section 244A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 is computed up to the date of issue of the refund. Refunds will be

issued only for amounts exceeding Rs. 100.

2)The Refund status details can be obtained from website www.tin-nsdl.com, under "Status of Tax Refunds". In

case of any difficulty or delay in the receipt of refund, kindly call the State Bank of India Call Center number

080-26599760 to know the status of refund.

3)In case of Demand, this intimation may be treated as Notice of Demand under section 156 of the Income Tax

Act, 1961. Accordingly, you are requested to pay the entire Demand within 30 days of receipt of this intimation.

The payment can be made using the printed challan enclosed. The Tax Payment challan is enclosed where the

Tax Payable exceeds Rs. 100.

4)If you are not satisfied with the intimation under section 143(1) , you may seek rectification under section 154

by filing an application electronically for rectification to CPC, for which the details are available on website

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ .