Easy Office
LCI Learning

Interest under Section 234A

Page no : 2

CA JAIMIN TRIVEDI (C.A.) (308 Points)
Replied 02 April 2009

Yes, Mukti is right. Interest is charged on filing belated return on the amount of tax liability less TDS less advance tax paid by the assessee. Mr Balu is wrong by not calling it as a belated return. Here no interest will be levied u/s 234A.

BALASUBRAMANYA B Npro badge (CCI STUDENT....) (44668 Points)
Replied 02 April 2009

HEY

SORRY GOT OF CONFUSE AND TOLD LIKE THAT,, BYE MISTAKE I TOLD ITS NOT BELATED, DEPARTMENT SAID WHEN I GONE TO FILING SAID BELATED RETURNS  WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED SO FROM THAT  GOT CONFUSE AND TOLD YOU LIKE THIS..PLEASE DONT MIND...SORRY

Pranay Shukla (CA) (52 Points)
Replied 02 April 2009

Hello All,

A salaried assessee has to file his retrun of income on or before 31 July (U/s.139(1) due date) but if he is unable to file return with in that period he can file return of income after said date which is call belated return( u/s.139(4)).  Commenting on Mr.Balu's first answer : A person can file belated return uptill his assessment get over or one year from the end of the assessment year whichever is later . So in above case the time limit wil be not 31st Mar'09 but 31st Mar'10 and as for interest part I will say same that if TDS on salary fully deducted then on interest levied u/s. 234A,B or C.

yogeshsharma5600@gmail.com (Accounts Controller & Compliance)   (47 Points)
Replied 22 May 2009

I am agree with Bhumika She is right.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: