Easy Office
LCI Learning

Info regarding IPCC, ATC and IPCC Regisration

Page no : 2

Raam Iyer (Articleship) (116 Points)
Replied 27 July 2009

hi .today i got registered with the institute.first i took a dd for rs.10000 (both the groups of ipcc & atc).while i was submitting the form a guy(like a god) informed me that applying for atc will take me an yr of industrial training and further 3 yrs of articles(if wish 2 continue ca). So i rushed to the nearest bank and took a DD for another 1000 bucks  and finally got myself registered for both the groups with articles.i wont forget the guy in my life. guys plz dont do the same mistake that i did.....
all the best

Raam Iyer (Articleship) (116 Points)
Replied 27 July 2009

hi .today i got registered with the institute.first i took a dd for rs.10000 (both the groups of ipcc & atc).while i was submitting the form a guy(like a god) informed me that applying for atc will take me an yr of industrial training and further 3 yrs of articles(if wish 2 continue ca). So i rushed to the nearest bank and took a DD for another 1000 bucks  and finally got myself registered for both the groups with articles.i wont forget the guy in my life. guys plz dont do the same mistake that i did.....
all the best

SandY (std CA&CWA) (62 Points)
Replied 28 July 2009

when i watched ur message i really shock and till now i fill very tense. pls help me.

on last thursday i mail  my ipcc registration form kolkata and i reached to kolkata on friday. I chose all the level i.e. gr 1,gr 2

and ATC  for 10000 dd.now i want to change & modify it .i want to registered my self  as gr 1& gr 2 (without article). Till now i have not received any letter or study matterials from institute. Now what way  i do modify my regestration form .

Kumar (CA FINAL Student) (266 Points)
Replied 28 July 2009

Hi Sandy,

Please check out the post from Raam Ayar in this thread. May be that would be of some help.

Check with your ICAI Branch. As the date isn't over yet, they might help you.

But, Don't worry. I think you might be having an option to skip ATC later on, if you would like to continue with CA. (I think So. I am not sure of this. Experts, Please post your views.)

Have a great day.

kckinn (CA) (759 Points)
Replied 28 July 2009

Guys, if you select ATC in your registration form it doesnt necessarily mean that you have to pursue that. We just do it for "just in case" situations. When time comes for filing examination forms just select Group I and/or Group II and than on clearing Group I register and start doing articleship. Incase in future some one is not able to/ willing to complete CA for whatsoever reasons they can now easily get the ATC certificate if they had initially chosen ATC in registration by paying 1000 bucks extra and completing the necessary training.

So it's just a kind of backup. You can continue to pursue CA the way you want to without any additonal burden.

So relax guys.

SandY (std CA&CWA) (62 Points)
Replied 28 July 2009

Originally posted by :kckinn
" Guys, if you select ATC in your registration form it doesnt necessarily mean that you have to pursue that. We just do it for "just in case" situations. When time comes for filing examination forms just select Group I and/or Group II and than on clearing Group I register and start doing articleship. Incase in future some one is not able to/ willing to complete CA for whatsoever reasons they can now easily get the ATC certificate if they had initially chosen ATC in registration by paying 1000 bucks extra and completing the necessary training.
So it's just a kind of backup. You can continue to pursue CA the way you want to without any additonal burden.
So relax guys.

"

THANKS.

As u write in future if i willing to do ATC then i have to complete necessary training, but i don't want ATC.So if i want to complete
CA then i have to registered myself for articleship. When completion of one yr articleship the institute take it for CA articleship or ATC training ?

Is there separate form for CA article and ATC training ?( i.e. in future if i don't fillup ATC training form and at first i will fillup for CA articleship then there no problem)

After getting my registration for ipcc and ACT can i change or modify it for only registered for ipcc not ATC? 

Sri.Ramya.M (Pursuing C.A) (165 Points)
Replied 29 July 2009

hey thanks a lot for your information its very helpfull

pls tell me : i have registered for IPCC without articles(9000) so can i register for ITT

or should i have to register for articles first and also i have sent only the ipcc reg form on

june 24 but not ITT form will i be eligible for writing in may 2010 pls help me

kckinn (CA) (759 Points)
Replied 29 July 2009

@ Sandy I am not 100 % sure about this. But I think there is no difference in the articleship of ATC or CA. So you can just join your regular articleship after passing group I and continue the path to become CA and may latter aply for a ATC certificate on your completion of 1yr articleship. Even if you apply for and get a ATC certificate you can continue the path to CA without any reduction in your articleship tenure on getting ATC certification. See the attached file.

Attached File : 51 new guidelines.pdf downloaded: 182 times

kckinn (CA) (759 Points)
Replied 29 July 2009

@ ramya You have to do ITT before articleship. Infact, to be eligible for writing the IPCE you have to complete Orientation and ITT before the exams. Remember articleship starts only after passing Group I of IPCC and for appearing in the exams you have to complete Orientation and ITT.

ashok (Internship at Grant Thornton Bengaluru)   (28 Points)
Replied 29 July 2009

hi..guys is there any last date for completion of ITT...am writing Exams on May 2010...if it is there..then kindly inform me

akshay (jhjhk ,mnm) (23 Points)
Replied 30 July 2009

can any body tell their is nay concept of late fee or not ?

CA Paras jain (Audit Senior Assistant) (1544 Points)
Replied 31 July 2009

ashok u jst need to cmplete ur ITT training before ur MAY 2010 xam..there is no last dat according to me..

CA Paras jain (Audit Senior Assistant) (1544 Points)
Replied 31 July 2009

@ akshay:there is no concept of late fee

there is a last date to submit ur ipcc form..if u want to give may 2010 attempt then u need to submit ur form lastly by 31 july..

Ankur (Aa) (72 Points)
Replied 31 July 2009

when to do orientation program and also gve some information abut it

Karam (Pursuing IPCC) (131 Points)
Replied 01 August 2009

"

Hello Guys

I need to know which books should i refer to study For Group 1 of IPCC. Subjects include

Accounting, Cost accounting and Financial management, Taxation, Law-ethics and communication.

Please guide me. My attempt is due on May 2010

"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: