Easy Office
LCI Learning

Industrial training

Page no : 2

ABHINANDAN JAIN (CA Student) (886 Points)
Replied 10 February 2013

@ Nikhil

If 3 months leave is availed and not give the exams ,then wht will be the consequences....?

also...whether 3 month is enough for 8 subjects...confused wht to do...whether to pursue for industrial traning or not...want to pursue for job after ca...i know it will be helpful but i think if i'll pursue then 1 yr will be wasted...my exam is due in nov 13 but articleship will complete in april 14...also even i got released from traning i may not able to give my exam before nov 14 ..for this i hv to refresh changes in all sub specially in tax(both DT IDT) and accts..and my time given to tutions will be wasted..will have to rush again..man to bahut hai but ..lots of probs in future..

suggestion...?

Nikhil Kaushik (Fellow CA) (85509 Points)
Replied 11 February 2013

Dear Abhinandhan,

There is no consequence as such!  But, even if you are not prepared for the exam, please do appear for all the exams. 

Is three month period sufficient for preparation of eight subjects? Yes and no, both.  Its better you start preparing in advance.  Last 3 months should mostly be used for revision. 

My advice, don't mix-up Industrial training and CA final preparation.  Look industrial training as a new assignment (but don't compromise of negotiation for leave for exams).  Also, if you attend tuition classes honestly, they won't go waste.   Look at an alternative scenario - what if you don't go for industrial training and continue with the same firm with and attend all the tuition classes including for DT and IDT, but fail to clear in the first attempt!  Even then you shall have to update yourself for changes in DT and IDT!

An honest preparation should start now.  Your first attempt is 9 months away!  More than sufficient for any preparation.  If you are afraid of DT and IDT, start with them first.  Cover the basics (which normally don't change) first and then update yourself with the amendments a month before the exam.

Make sure that you cover, ISCA, Costing, FM, law and audit before you go for CA Final leave. 

In the nutshell, I am all game for industrial training.  It gives you a totally different exposure and gives u a lot of professional experience (something which mid-size CA firms often lack).

1 Like

CA kanchan b gupta (Assistant Director) (39 Points)
Replied 11 February 2013

Good advise given by CA Nikhil and CA Mohanji. Even my advise also suggests that Industrial Training option during articleship enhances the personality of person working under Member in Industry and also ur confidence level to appear in Finals, goes up

1 Like

Sahil Handa (CA) (144 Points)
Replied 11 February 2013

I do agree that Industrial Training is beneficial, but the principal will definately resist in giving us tranfer.

Nikhil Kaushik (Fellow CA) (85509 Points)
Replied 11 February 2013

Dear Sahil,

there is no doubt that the current principal would resist.  It is a natural human reaction.  If I am your principal, I shall also resist.   But as long as you have given intimation 3 months in advance, there is nothing that he/she can do to stop you.

1 Like

CA Mohan Jain (Manager - Accounts) (236 Points)
Replied 11 February 2013

Your principal can not resists to give you transfer for Industrial Training. 

There is a specific FORM specified by the institute in case your principal deny transfer.

Fill the form and send to your principal by post

Sahil Handa (CA) (144 Points)
Replied 11 February 2013

if Industrial trainer refuses to give 3 months leave,  do u think that we should delay our attempt by 6 months and do industrial training???

CA Mohan Jain (Manager - Accounts) (236 Points)
Replied 11 February 2013

That should be purely your personal decision:

Few tips for you to decide:

1) In case you feel, there is an excellent opportunity to learn in the coming few days(Reason being some key employee left, or there is a room for you etc) and your preperation for the finals are not proper (You still need more time for preparation) then you may decide to postpone your attempt. 

2) But, If your preperation is going smoothly and you feel like you can clear any of the groups then don't worry about the Industrial training. See In life you would get plenty of opportunities to learn. Once you qualify quickly you can go for some industry and then learn.

Hope the above suffice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: