EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Indian Rupee Symbol

Page no : 3

Darpan aggarwal (Article assitiant) (141 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

ITS GREAT , YAAR,

WE FEEL PROUD

Caclub Member (student) (215 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

waiting for the day when this symbol replaces $ from the keyboards.

Proud to be an Indian . Jai Hind

Keval Shah (CA-Final) (306 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

congo... its time to celebrate........

Dilip SWami (CA Final with MBA Finance)   (101 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

fantastic Symbol

Ms.Shah (Chartered Accountant) (47 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

Cabinet approves new symbol for Indian Rupee

CNN-IBN

New Delhi: India has finally got a symbol for the Rupee and joined a select club of countries whose currencies have an unique identity.

The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved the design, which includes both the Devnagiri 'Ra' and the Roman capital 'R' and has two parallel lines running at the top. The parallel lines symbolise the equal to sign.

"With this India will join an elite group of countries which have a distinct currency symbol. It denotes the robustness of Indian economy. I will now hold up the design that was finally selected. This was sent in by Udaya Kumar," said Minister for Information and Broadcasting Ambika Soni in New Delhi.

She said that the Rupee symbol was a nice blend of modernity and Indian culture.

The symbol selected has been designed by an Indian Institute of Technology postgraduate D Udaya Kumar and was selected from among five short listed symbols. Kumar, who is with the Department of Design at IIT Guwahati, explained that the design is based on the Indian Tricolour.

"My design is based on the Tricolour with two lines at the top and white space in between. I wanted the symbol for the Rupee to represent the Indian flag. It is a perfect blend of Indian and Roman letters: a capital 'R', and Devnagari 'Ra', which represent rupiya, to appeal to international and Indian audiences. After working on the design for few months, I shortlisted eight to 10 designs and then refined them further till I got this one," said Kumar

All new notes will now bear the symbol.

tara s (student) (150 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

great!

finally India has a unique identity in world economy !

a very ethical indian representative design by mr kumar!

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

Thanks to Government of India which selected a symbol containing letter "Ra" of devnagri lipi !

Shruti Chawla (CS) (258 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

I simply love the symbpl :-)

CA Madhukiran Reddy (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (12714 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

congrats to all

harish .k (STUDING) (306 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

Its a great achievement , it was designed an  IIT postgraduate student named Runned kumar , He gave a design of the Rupee symbol , the central govt desided to give cash award of Rs 2,50,000..........................:)

Suvarna Goel (-) (351 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

prize shud be more

shailendra (Accounts Executive ) (128 Points)
Replied 16 July 2010

Congrats to all............

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15103 Points)
Replied 17 July 2010

Hey all,

You can use the symbol in word and excel.. its simple.

1. Just download the attached file, extract the 2 files in the zip and copy the rupee.ttf file and paste to font folder in start>system>control panel>font

2. Make a folder "My xl Add-in" at C:\

3. Copy the other file Symbolize.xla to above folder.

4. Open excel go to Add-in>browse>C:\My xl Add-in and select Symbolize.xla

Attached File : 48 rupee.zip downloaded: 219 times
1 Like

Ashish Ojha (Chartered Accountant) (469 Points)
Replied 19 July 2010

Originally posted by : harish .k

Its a great achievement , it was designed an  IIT postgraduate student named Runned kumar , He gave a design of the Rupee symbol , the central govt desided to give cash award of Rs 2,50,000..........................

I think it was Uday Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: