EASYOFFICE

Income tax java utility error

Page no : 2

Mike Rana (8 Points)
Replied 22 June 2018

This what I wrote income tax department ... here it is for your information and help.

"Thank you guys for helping me out during my issues for the last few days on ITR2 form. I place my appreciation for all of you ... There are a few major lessons from my interaction with you, and I feel you should state it on your portal.

The tab My Account -> pre-filled XML , the "assessment year" should be expanded to say "Which assessment year, previous one or the current one etc" because The word pre-filled XML gives an impression that we are going to download the pre-filled XML of the last year. It took me 5 or 6 interactions with the department to get it clarified. I was finally told that I must enter the data on a blank file. This is completely wrong and I didn't argue with the helping individual. I told him yes, but I was able to get the correct file by putting the current AY ie 2018-2019 in that place holder.

When you proceed further you get a message in the form of a heading "Please select schedules for download". This window has a green tickmark which in its present state give an impression that all options are selected by default. If that be so, why should we select the options. It should be done the following way, if the green tickmark is cleared by someone then all options given below must be chosen one by one, otherwise all options must get selected by the default green tickmark

On validation errors window

Firstly there should be a provision to deselect the validation window.

For the errors it reports, a click or double-click should take us to the exact page on the form where the error is existing. The text of the error messages doesn't make this clear.

For example it took me three days of interaction with the staff to get the error "on the date of filing" cleared. We all were thinking it is the date of efiling where it was another date on the schedule CFL. It was found out by one of the staff only after he studied the exact XML submitted by me.

In other word most of the errors are lost in context. The error texts are very poor, please make amendments to the errors' text.

In another case of TDS window,  an error comes by an initial value of zero in unclaimed TDS window. The value of zero must be changed to spaces if one has to go past these errors. One expects you to say "replace the prefilled zero by spaces, or change the initial value according in the routine."

Further these space values, one changed by the user, don't get copied to the XML file so if he use the utility again with the saved pre-filled file, he would be asked to change the value from zero to spaces."

Hope it heps and allow you to fill your this years return when you the revised ITR2

Mike Rana (8 Points)
Replied 22 June 2018

Mike Rana (8 Points)
Replied 22 June 2018

Mike Rana (8 Points)
Replied 22 June 2018

3 entries made for the same question. please delete two of these

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :