Income tax efiling communication

Sunil (Trader) (2611 Points)

03 January 2013  

I received a communication from CPC Bangalore informing me that my return is under process but there is a mismatch in amounts claimed and it indicated that my self assessment tax payment challan (I got a table indicating CIN, BSR, Date and Challan Number and amount)is mismatched in their records. I checked the challan from bank. It is correct. I checked the challan upload status at tin.nsdl.com and it is showing correct. I checked the for 26AS it is there without any remarks of any error. I checked my return excel utility it is correctly entered. Only the XML shows the date in YYYY-MM-DD although written as DD-MM-YYYY but every year it is like that and the xml is automatically created and previously there was no problem. Am still trying to figure out what is wrong. I called the helpline and they were not helpful. They said if I made any error in challan details I can submit a rectified return. In case there is no error then ignore the communication. If anyone has such experience please let me know how to go about. Do I wait for intimation under sec 143 and file a rectification if any credit is not given. My 26AS is all clear!

I received a communication from CPC Bangalore informing me that my return is under process but there is a mismatch in amounts claimed and it indicated that my self assessment tax payment challan (I got a table indicating CIN, BSR, Date and Challan Number and amount)is mismatched in their records. I checked the challan from bank. It is correct. I checked the challan upload status at tin.nsdl.com and it is showing correct. I checked the for 26AS it is there without any remarks of any error. I checked my return excel utility it is correctly entered. Only the XML shows the date in YYYY-MM-DD although written as DD-MM-YYYY but every year it is like that and the xml is automatically created and previously there was no problem. Am still trying to figure out what is wrong. I called the helpline and they were not helpful. They said if I made any error in challan details I can submit a rectified return. In case there is no error then ignore the communication. If anyone has such experience please let me know how to go about. Do I wait for intimation under sec 143 and file a rectification if any credit is not given. My 26AS is all clear!I received a communication from CPC Bangalore informing me that my return is under process but there is a mismatch in amounts claimed and it indicated that my self assessment tax payment challan (I got a table indicating CIN, BSR, Date and Challan Number and amount)is mismatched in their records. I checked the challan from bank. It is correct. I checked the challan upload status at tin.nsdl.com and it is showing correct. I checked the for 26AS it is there without any remarks of any error. I checked my return excel utility it is correctly entered. Only the XML shows the date in YYYY-MM-DD although written as DD-MM-YYYY but every year it is like that and the xml is automatically created and previously there was no problem. Am still trying to figure out what is wrong. I called the helpline and they were not helpful. They said if I made any error in challan details I can submit a rectified return. In case there is no error then ignore the communication. If anyone has such experience please let me know how to go about. Do I wait for intimation under sec 143 and file a rectification if any credit is not given. My 26AS is all clear!

Read more at: /experts/experts_display_list_by_category.asp?cat_id=3#.UOVXvazlYsk