Income tax demand notice process

Hello,

I received a demand notice for the assessment year 2014-15. The demand notice is correct and I paid the demand amount on-line through my bank. Now, I am not sure what I should be doing next.
Please note that I have acknowledged the demand notice on the income tax site by doing the following:
1) clicked on "Response To Outstanding Tax Demand" link
2) Submitted the response by choosing the option "Demand is correct"
 
After this I recieved an SMS and email confirming the same. But I guess I need to provide somewhere the demand paid challan details right? How will I do this and I will I get modified intimation from income tax?
 
Please help me to undersatand the process, appreciate it.
Replies (2)

It is good if you could inform the challan number for tax piad now to the department online.

In case that you do know (and neither do I) how to do so, I would suggest that atleast see that the challan is appearing in TRACES, usually, the department is able to find its way through the information if it appears in TRACES.

Besides, you could see if an online 'return rectification' allows you to provide this new challan information.

An alternate way is to send a post to CPC with Challan receipt and a cover letter explaining the situation. Ofcourse, do include the Communication Reference Number and Demand Identification No: in the post. You can see that I'm not an expert but this is what I could do as a tax payer.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details