Income tax

Gourav (Student) (86 Points)

27 March 2014  

I have not filed my return for the Assessment Year 2011-12. And i have recieved an email from cpc regarding non filing. Will this constitute as notice u/s 142(1) ? Secondly, I have filed the return electronically today u/s 142(1) (as the return was not being accepted u/s 139(1) or (4)) after the email i recieved, the return got accepted online. Will it be accepted as the email nowhere mention about 142(1). Thirdly, i have a refund amount in that particular AY. Will i be able to get refund as my return is not filed u/s 139(1) and the return is accepted u/s142(1) ?

For reference copy of email is as under:

As per our records, it is observed that you have not filed your Income Tax Returns. Please login to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. and submit details under Compliance module.

Procedure: 
In the menu "Compliance", select the "Submit Form" option. There are two tabs. 
1. "Filing of Income Tax Return" 
If your selection against "Response" is 
a) "ITR has not been filed" - you should select any one of the reasons from the dropdown (Return under preparation or Business has been closed or No taxable Income or Others. Please enter the remarks, if you select the option "Others") 
b) "ITR has been filed" - please update details such as Mode (e-Filed or Paper), Date, Acknowledgment Number and Circle or Ward and City (paper filing). 

2. "Related Information Summary" 
Your selection against "Information Relates"  should be either Self or Other PAN (specify the PAN) or Not Known or I need more Information. 

After filling the information, click on the SUBMIT button. You can view the submitted information in "View My Submission" under the "Compliance" menu. 

If you need any assistance in submitting the response, please call our toll free number 1800 4250 0025.

Note: Please ignore this mail, if you have already submitted the return/compliance.

Regards,
e-Filing Team,
Income Tax Department