Income from salary incorrect in intimation u/s 143(1)

Hi,

I had filed my uncle's returns online with correct data including the amount to be refunded. However he has received an intimation u/s 143(1) informing that the amount to be refunded is nil. I then noticed that the amount under "Income from salary" in the intimation is incorrect and is higher than what was mentioned while filing the returns. The ITRV that was received shows the amount correctly i.e the amount I had entered while filing returns. However since the amount see in the intimation is higher, according to calculations the net amount payable and net amount refundable is zero. 

I am not clear on what should be my next step. How do I inform them that wrong amount is considered as "Income from salary".

 

Regards,

Kavitha KS

Replies (3)

Since you have filed your uncle's return online, you can file rectification u/s 154.

Kavitha

You  should file rectification online u/s.154. Before filing rectification, I advise you to see the steps given in incometaxindiaefiling website regarding how to file rectification online and how to make rectification online .

u should go for rectification u/s 154.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details