Income from other sources - bank interest

Dear experts,

I would like to know in which Financial Year the following transaction falls:

In the bank statement I have this:

Date: 1 April 2011,
Descripttion: Credit Interest
Value Date: 31 March 2011
Deposit Amount: xxxx.xx

Should I count the above deposit for the FY 2010-2011 or FY 2011-2012 ?

Thank you.

Replies (8)
Originally posted by : Ashis
Dear experts,



I would like to know in which Financial Year the following transaction falls:



In the bank statement I have this:



Date: 1 April 2011,

Descripttttion: Credit Interest

Value Date: 31 March 2011

Deposit Amount: xxxx.xx



Should I count the above deposit for the FY 2010-2011 or FY 2011-2012 ?



Thank you.



This is the statement pattern of HDFC bank where they print such confussing statements, the date of credit should be taken in previous year, i.e 31-03-2011

31-03-2011

FY 2010-2011

Thank you very much!

FY 2010-2011

as per the ACCURAL BASIS of Companies Act, we have to include the all income & expenditure in books which relates to that year.

So, in ur query as per accural accounting the Interest of March 10 is to be credited in FY 2010-11 even if it is received in April 10.

fy 2010-11

FY 2010-11

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details