Page no : 2

Farhaan (Cs) (55 Points)
Replied 13 January 2011

I ll give you the number of SOMS,IGNOU.

011-29532073.

1 Like

Farhaan (Cs) (55 Points)
Replied 13 January 2011

There have been several rounds of meetings between the IGNOU authorities and the ICSI/ICAI/ICWA in the last 4 months. They have resolved the technical snag now.  You can get details specific to your program from the Director/Program coodinator of SOMS. I personally feel, a certificate (no specific format) from the CA under whom you are doing articleship that u have completed 3 years of training will do. Non-updation of Grade-cards can be taken up with Dy.Registrar,SED,IGNOU. Non reflection of assignment marks should be first taken up with the regional centre and then SED. Non-updation is not the issue peculiar to these programs as I have seen several B.com (A&F) students whose Grade cards are complete. The basic issues was the system of credit transfer as the syllabii  and the papers of all the three professional institutes keeps on changing, the decision about the first academic year, the format of the training completion cert. of the CA students, etc.

1 Like

(Guest)

yaaaaaaaaaar i am scared..

i have left du for ignou

i hope i didnt make a wrong desicion..

as far as my experience... ignou people have been very cooperating at the mathura road regional centre !!!!!! i went there personally

Sushant Lohani (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (1051 Points)
Replied 14 January 2011

Will they pick up the phone?i doubt it.kitne baar karchuka hun;it's always busy.And by chance, they pick up;they give another number to call.

Added to that, as long as there's no official announcement from ICAI;how can we send the papers directly to SOMS?

Which grade card shall we send to the ignou som?the one which we find in the net is not valid legally,isn't it?

All CA students,suffering from this,plz file queries on this to e-sahayata.

Farhaan (Cs) (55 Points)
Replied 14 January 2011

@ sushant , I mean the self-attested marks-sheets of your CA/CS/CWA exams passed, not the IGNOU exams.Whats the need to submit the copies of the marks-sheets of the IGNOU courses, which IGNOU already has. Do u expect the ICAI to issue a formal notification in this respect?  Its  a temporary arrangement by IGNOU for those students who need pro cert. urgently. if u dont need thats ur choice.

Farhaan (Cs) (55 Points)
Replied 14 January 2011

Shobhit yr u afraid.They hav to issue degrees anyhow. IGNOU is not a Pvt. university. The problem is we r not ready to put any efforts, show any urgency and make them resolve the deadlocks swiftly. They were simply being negligent and buying time. They cannot ignore us. If we file suits against them, they will have to pay penalties/damages in lakhs for this complacence, playing with the careers of students. So dont loose heart. Even if every student files a simple RTI seeking reasons for such a delay, they will hav to pay penalties in lakhs from their own pockets. But as far as I experienced, I met nearly all the important officers of IGNOU and they were pretty responsive. I met Dy. Registrar, Director,SOMS, Asst. Registrars, P.A. to Registrar etc. They showed a very positive attitude. But the prob is we dont take up the matters with the proper authorities and merely keep our fingers crossed.

1 Like

Farhaan (Cs) (55 Points)
Replied 14 January 2011

I want to add a few more words to my reply to Sushant......  Sushant its a Course which belongs to IGNOU and not ICAI/ICSI.The degree provider is IGNOU. ICAI and IGNOU only have an MoU between them under which IGNOU gives recognition to the exams passed from ICAI/ICSI. How can u expect ICAI to issue a notification to you. ICAI can only provide info which is sought by IGNOU abt the students and verify the marks-sheets etc.

(Guest)

well said farhaan

Replied 15 January 2011

The Regional Centre is nonresponsive here(they even couldn't give me latest valid question paper of the subject;the ones in website had already expired).I have the  assignment returned after correcting by teachers from my study centre and also the xerox of marks of students which study centre coordinator has sent to SRE in ignou(they send lists of grade marks awarded in specific format).The coordinator himself say that the guys in HO don't update the assignment marks in time.I have already filed RTI along with the copy of such mark's list duly attested with coordinator and sent to SRE,delhi.This sheet of marks were sent to delhi in august.

In the rti, i had filed in september ,i had told them why assignment of eeg4 hasn't been updated.They said it will be done within 1 month,which it wasn't.And i know that our icai is conducting series of meetings with ignou people but as when ignou gives formal announcement,icai people will let us know(i got this info via e-sahayata).ICAI via assignment also has told that the issue regarding articleship is gonna get sorted(i don't know it's exact meaning)

1 Like

Farhaan (Cs) (55 Points)
Replied 15 January 2011

@ Sushant

You can also apply for a duplicate Grade-Card by submitting the form provided in the prospectus along with a fees of RS.150/-. The IGNOU will send you a certified copy of the Duplicate Grade Card. That will have 100% legal value. You also have the certified copy of the assignment marks.These two documents will enable u to do anything.YOu can file a complaint with the Central Information Commissioner or you  can file a writ-petition in the High-court and make them issue degree within days along with the cost of the suit apart from damages.

1 Like

Farhaan (Cs) (55 Points)
Replied 15 January 2011

But this is height of negligence yaar.These people are taking students for a ride.IGNOU people are more bothered abt attracting more and more students,minting money by launching hundreds of courses but these people themselves dont know which courses they are running.Whats the need to enrol 30 lakh students when ur not able to serve them. This is pathetic.It was a big mistake on part of the professional institutes to tie-up with such a B-Grade university and leave the students in a lurch.

1 Like

Replied 15 January 2011

I had attached Rs200 DD with the RTI filed in September/October. And they did send me the attested grade card(thank God).The assignment marks of EEG-4 was still not there.I waited till Dec end; but even the website wasn't getting updated;many times when i mentioned my "Enrolment No" ;it said "Enrolment No not found".

I just can't concentrate on my CA studies because of this locha.

praveen (Chartered Accountant) (6971 Points)
Replied 04 February 2011

Originally posted by : Farhaan

@ Sushant

You can also apply for a duplicate Grade-Card by submitting the form provided in the prospectus along with a fees of RS.150/-. The IGNOU will send you a certified copy of the Duplicate Grade Card. That will have 100% legal value. You also have the certified copy of the assignment marks.These two documents will enable u to do anything.YOu can file a complaint with the Central Information Commissioner or you  can file a writ-petition in the High-court and make them issue degree within days along with the cost of the suit apart from damages.

Dear Farhan

I followed your advice and sent the form in the prospectus applying for a duplicate grade card and i received it yesterday as well...

but the problem is though they have stated that all the subjects have been successfully completed at the last line they say course not completed.

Replied 04 February 2011

I got a letter from SOMS from Prof Narasimhan  saying that if i wanted my grade card urgently;then i would have to submit marksheet of 100 hours. But the certificate of 100 hours ITT,which i have got from Ahmedabad branch of icai in oct2008 doesn't show my marks.

I am just fed up of all this.One after another,hurdles keeps coming up.

Does your itt certificate show ur marks obtained?

Farhaan (Cs) (55 Points)
Replied 05 February 2011

@ praveen..

U need to send the self-attested photocopies of the CA exams passed as well to the Progran coodinator, Bcom A&F ,SOMS, IGNOU,Maidan Garhi,New Delhi-110068 along with an application for pro cert.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: