Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ifrs course - icai vs kpmg?

Page no : 3

raja jethani (article trainee) (24 Points)
Replied 24 February 2017

Hi sidharth, i wanted to talk to you about the ICAI IFRS course certification. Since you have mentioned about the evaluation pattern, I wanted to know about the course material and the teachers provided by the ICAI. Also since its a 12 day course, isnt it too short? Is 100 % attendance compulsary for obtaining the certificate? 

Sanjeev Vashishth (Article) (26 Points)
Replied 14 April 2017

Hi, just to confirm, are there any job oppurtunities big 4 after ifrs from KPMG 

tarun jain (C.A) (35 Points)
Replied 20 April 2017

Hey Guys,

I am writing this answer after completing the KPMG IFRS/IND AS tarining of 75 hours, from Bangalore.

I must tell you it is waste of time and Money, they are calling faculty who has no experience of IFRS/ IND AS practically they just keep on explaining the slides of the presentation. I don't know whether the other KPMG like Mumbai, Ahemdabad etc are good or not, but experience with KPMG Bangalore was worst!!!!!!

Waste of money as well as time. I wasted my 10 Sunday which I could have utilised by reading the book of Dolphy Dsouza for IND AS, I would have learned way better then what they taught us in Classes. 80% of faculty was bogus, I felt like they are doing experiment by puting new faculties. We were not learning anything, but those faculty must be learning everyday by seeing our feedback. The faculty was employee of KPMG, and some of them are just having expereicne of 2-3 years.

I suggest, one should go for ICAI, as they call faculty from all over India. Atleast 80% faculty will be good.

Shoaib (Intern) (24 Points)
Replied 17 May 2017

Be prepared to deal with IFRS EY is pleased to announce the 10th Edition of its IFRS Course to prepare you to deal with the complex requirements of IFRS EY IFRS Course Covering the syllabus of ACCA’s Diploma in IFRS.

To know more visit the link  https://www.ey.com/in/en/issues/ifrs/ey-diploma-in-ifrs-by-acca

Paras chaudhary (CA) (29 Points)
Replied 18 August 2017

I have cleared both. If you want to move in MNC, go for ACCA london but if you want to work in an indian industry then ICAI certificate is better as it is designed as per Ind AS prespective. Both certificates are good in terms of recognition. ACCA london exam in difficult as compare to ICAI Certificate exam but its result is liberal as compare to ICAI IFRS exam.

Paras chaudhary (CA) (29 Points)
Replied 18 August 2017

I have cleared both. If you want to move in MNC, go for ACCA london but if you want to work in an indian industry then ICAI certificate is better as it is designed as per Ind AS prespective. Both certificates are good in terms of recognition. ACCA london exam in difficult as compare to ICAI Certificate exam but its result is liberal as compare to ICAI IFRS exam.

shiv madaan (Article Assistant) (43 Points)
Replied 26 August 2018

I am unable to open the website www.ifrsdemystified.com . There are some privacy issues. There is a dialouge that ur network is not private.

R. Nagarajan (Asst Manager Accounts ) (33 Points)
Replied 09 June 2019

the website is under construction 

CA Akshay (Practicing CA) (25 Points)
Replied 12 August 2021

They have changed to Ind AS. Their website is www.indasdemystified.com 

CA Akshay (Practicing CA) (25 Points)
Replied 12 August 2021

Hello guys

For complete learning on Ind AS / IFRS, please visit www.indasdemystified.com. It is made by the same people (Amitabh Mukherjee Sir) who made IFRS Demystified.com  New updated books are there which u can download for FREE after registration. Just need to add contact details. Only the complex standards such as Ind AS 115 ( Revenue) Consolidation, Ind AS 116 (Leases), Financial Instruments are priced.

They are also coming up with recorded training videos on Ind AS/IFRS, so that should be good and informative.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: