Easy Office
LCI Learning

Ideas to make articleship better.........

Page no : 2

Subbaraman (Article clerk studying for PCC)   (37 Points)
Replied 17 August 2009

Instead of bashing the policies of the institute or try to make the institute listen to our woes & suggestions, which may take some time to be implemented, why not bring out ideas so that we may enjoy & profit from articleship.

For example even simple things like vouching can be made interesting by in depth checking, like a simple purchases voucher can be checked in depth by going to the purchases account & checing whether sundry purchases for one type of good have been debited in the correct purchases account.

My suggestion may be easy to say but difficult to implement as in depth checking is time consuming & is included in scrutiny.

Therefore more views by experienced seniors & C.As on the above lines would be appreciated, so that students like me who are doing nothing but vouching benefit from such ideas.

sumit (CA student) (203 Points)
Replied 17 August 2009

i can understand your pain Subbaraman....because i'm going through the same. Sometimes i feel that it was the biggest mistake of my life to join this course. ICAI wants us to get practical exposure, but what steps have they taken in ensuring that we get the same??? Worse..they have made life hell for us after imposing such draconian rules. Articles working in small firms suffer the most because:

i. They don't get good stipend.

ii. They don't get good work exposure

I just hope some miracle happens and these rules are taken back, so that future students don't suffer like the way we people have.

Subbaraman (Article clerk studying for PCC)   (37 Points)
Replied 17 August 2009

No offence Sumit, but shouldnt we talk about solutions for our problem rather than crying over it. I am very frustrated but am looking for steps to overcome my frustration..................... & I have a very strong feeling that many other articles including you are also after solutions, therefore it would be better if we come up with innovative ideas.

(Guest)

Well, Mr.Subbaraman the only solution is to maintain perseverance i.e. inspite of all difficulties and obstacles we should do our work properly and hope that things will change for good one day..Its the only way to overcome our frustation

(Guest)

At Sumit Nagpal, dont let ur mind get upset so much...Today,we may be down under but tomorrow we may emerge as leaders or professionals.Whether our FCA forgets it and treats us badly or doesnt give us proper exposure, we should keep it in mind and try to identify the opportunities around us and grab it in time. This articles period will help us in terms to cope us with stress, developing leadership qualities,etc.

aditya (student) (81 Points)
Replied 17 August 2009

How can we come with innovative ideas?  If we had any ideas then such rules would have  never been implemented. So no one cares for our ideas

aditya (student) (81 Points)
Replied 17 August 2009

Nobody ever asks for our ideas

Krunal Raichura (Financial Advisory) (2134 Points)
Replied 17 August 2009

The best way of enjoying articleship is to take no tension. Work only as per ICAI rules. If made to work more, just sit and dont work...this is non-violent protests. If your CA shouts, give him some energy booster drink (Give boost is the secret of my energy, or Chyawanprash is also a good idea) so that he can shout even louder!!!! Remember the Satyagraha philosophy of Bapu :-)

However, if you really wana do a job in the firm you are working for, or you want to do some job in accounting, auditing and taxation, or wish to practice, then please try to learn even if ICAI rules are violated by the Members.

Others can enjoy. Anyways, during bcom the options available aren't so great. All good options like CFA, MBA are post bcom. Infact, I would urge all to take up CA course, just for timepass. What to do during 2 years of bcom??? I think articleship (especially if you can manage to get one in big 4) is the best way to pass time during bcom. Just relax, enjoy, work, learn a few things....simultaneously prepare for CA exam or CAT.

Articleship should be viewed as a government job and CAs office as a government office, thats the best way out. Just be spectator to these dukhi aatma...its great fun to see people irritated around.

NUTAN (ARTICLE ASSISTANT) (50 Points)
Replied 22 August 2009

I agree that there are some loopholes but we should try to get best outof articleships. When i was new in my firm nobody was there to teach me anything. No seniors were ready to take me as i was inexperienced, I use to handle small works like typing etc but i always use to peek in my seniors work . I use to refer there Audit book, Audit working papers. I use to read a lot whenever i use to find time. I did whatever camed in my way and never lost hope. I got my first assignment within 2 months. There are some old Articles also who r senior than mebut are not handling Audits.

I know there will be situations were u r frustrated but just dont loose hopes.

I got 2 increments and i am positively hoping for the 3rd one.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: