EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

ICWAI new name ICAI

Page no : 2

DINESH (NONE) (22 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

1) As per training is concerned this is just partially true .though while training in cwa you learn better at the managerial level but it is just confined to a single field whearas in ca you learn from the scratch and the fields are diversified which would be of great help later on while dealing in these situations .

2)as per course is concerned financial management and standard costing are part of ca inter also and not only in final as mentioned above

.3)at last i would also recommend you to just chill , relax and get your degree first rather than discussing on these silly issues .

vishnupriya (CA Final) (1418 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

Originally posted by : DINESH

at last i would also recommend you to just chill , relax and get your degree first rather than discussing on these silly issues .

Rightly said by Dinesh!

We have to first concentrate on our studies and complete our goals.

2 Like

(Guest)

Dear All,

actually Nagesh has failed personally in his career. CWA has given him shelter  because he may pass it without so much hard working,  that s why he is takiing reveng with CA.

Had he been able to complete CA, he could not say like.this.

(Guest)

See Maping OF CWA (so called CMA) and MBA Finance Course

Sujests Offered for  PGDM

in IIM Lucknow
Subjects Offered  in CWA
First Yr Intermedaite
Bussiness Environment Financial Accounting
Communication Commercial and Industrial Laws and Auditing
Decision Sciences  Applied Direct Taxes
Finance And Accounts Cost & Management Accounting
Information  Technology and Systesm Operation Management and Information Systems
LegalManagement Applied Indirect Taxes
Marketing Final
OperationsManagement Capital Market Analysis & Corporate Laws
Second Yr Management Accounting -Strategic Management
Bussiness Environment Indirect & Direct - Tax Management
BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT Management Accounting –Enterprize Performance Management
STRATEGICMANAGEMENT
Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting
MARKETING Cost Audit & Operational Audit
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND SYSTEMS Financial Management and International Finance
DECISION SCIENCES Bussiness Valuation Management

Please see above , out of 14 subjects , ICWAI has either pre-fixed or sufixed  9 subjects with word Management" . See they want to be Management , just by incresing quantity ,not by quality.

they want to beat IIM , but ask them where CWA stand in the quality before IMM.  IIM is leader in Management Course, but they have not offered such huge managerial course, but our ICWAI (distance education) has abosorved maximim no. of management subjects

CWA is definatly a good option for students, but it can never be comparable with CA cousre.

CWA is simply one of branches of accounting , while CA is full fledged accounting domain. 

1 Like

srinivass (CA Final) (2466 Points)
Replied 27 December 2011

Nice said by Rajkumar Gupta and good words here from Dinesh ok friends just chill we will concentrate in our studies and carrier..................hurray

2 Like

(Guest)

Dear Students,

Please concentrate on your studies. We have settled in our respective field. but  not you as students . Each course is unique in it self. No course can be degraded by one one. But you know here are some person , who are constantly engaging in degrading CA . SO we have to respond them.

But request to students not indulge in such post too much.

2 Like

shubho (Professor) (23 Points)
Replied 03 January 2012

The Governament of India should rename the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India as the Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of India and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India as the Institute of Chartered and Management Accountants of India or the Institute of Financial and Management Accountants of India. The Institute of Company Secretaries of India should be renamed as the Institute of Chartered Secretaries of India and it cannot have the tag Management Accountants since it is not  a Institute of Professional Accountants but Company Secretaries.  The Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India should propose the given naming pattern to the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.  All over the world, people know the difference between Management and Management Accountancy except Indiaan Parliament. Alas!  Management Accountancy is advanced format of Cost Accountancy and it is a highly specialized discipline. Cost Accountancy is the necleus of Management Accountancy and all the Management  Accountants Bodies all over the world have the Cost Accountants as the genesis. CIMA, London emanted from the ICWA, IMA, USA from National Association of Cost Accountants, CMA , Canada from Association of Cost Accountants and Industial Engineers, and the same route is meant for ICMA Bangladesh, Pakistan etc. The Cost & Management Accountants Act was enacted in Pakistan in 1966 and the same was enacted in Bangaldesh in 1978 and it shows the parliamentarians in those countries are much more enlightened  and matured than India. In Bangldesh, there are the Institute of Chartered Secretaries, the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants and the Institute of Chartred Accountants and there is no confusion  at all . There is no conflict in the interest of of all three professional bodies created by respective Acts of Parliament and the same instance prevail in Pakistan. Bravo Bangladesh! Bravo Pakistan!  . Prof. D. Mukhopadhyay

CA Vasiullah (Vasi) (Audit Executive) (1813 Points)
Replied 05 January 2012

funny things happens in India! Now there will be two ICAI's creating confusion!

(Guest)

Mr. Nagesh,

Can you please Pass% of ICWAI. like one provided by ICAI>

you are writing two page your own theory , please provide some facts. 

ICWAI is not maintaining any data of stustents performance. I think CWA Pass may be ammost 55% not 15% by CA institute. Because data of Students performance is pulisged from ICWAI.

No Placement records,found from ICWAI. first let ICWAI make its portal to reach level of CA Institute, rest will be done in future.

Thanky you.

Prafull Gawkar (Professional) (40 Points)
Replied 07 May 2012

Now the word ICAI will create more confusion for both institutes and their students. My basic question is why these two institute were sterted by Government? I understand these institutes had different work areas initially and they are now mixing up their works. Both are recognised institute and should not be alleged by anyone and never by us. Obviously CA institute has large network and national presence than ICWA. CA is more towards authenticating work and ICWA is more towards execution work. Earlier trend was CA used to be in regulatory and compliance field and slowely started moving towards management field. Meanwhile ICWA was struggling for name change to ICMAI as a Management Accountant. Here the battle started.

Internationally most of the countries have two institutes, one is like CA and other is CMA and both are working in good co-ordination. Again people arguing on word "Management", Management Accounting is a small part of Management and can not be compared with management course from IIM and top leading Management institutes.

Again argument is going on passing and toughness of courses, Mostly student starts with CA course and in article period they start with ICWA and easily clear it and says ICWA is easy. I am also CWA and CA. I first started with CWA and easily cleared CA so should I say CA is so easy course? No, Both courses have overlapping syllabus and if you prepare for one other seems to be easy.

According to me ICWA should have been allowed to change the name as "ICMAI" as it is internationally recognised.

Both institues are fighting and trying to prove their superiority. but nobody controls small management institutes coming out with 100% passing result. Again number MBAs entering into job market is huge than CAs and CWAs. This is a serious issue.

These are my own views and not supposed to be against anyone's view.

CMA. Rakesh Kataria (Practising Cost Accountant)   (536 Points)
Replied 07 May 2012

Dear Praful

now this name controversy is over, Professionals of both the institutes are now working together and finalising the Financial and Cost Accounts.

Now i feel atmosphere is very nice and heat of name change controversy is over. it is good time for both the institutes to sit together and resolve the pending  issues.

According to me CA, CMA and CS cordination committee should discuss and at least give exemptions for the  below  matters

1. Exemption in the enterence level of examinations

2. Exemptions in Computer cource, if CA final passed student wants to do CMA he needs to go for computer cource and also same for CMA student. it is costing unnecesaary to students.

3. Exemptions is training - Associates member of ICAI(CMA) and Associate member of ICAI(CA) should not required for training of 3 years if student passed any of the examination.

If all three above points resoved then it will be easy for the students for persue 2 or 3 three cources together. 

Thanks

CMA Rakesh Kataria

Joe Saju (Finance Manager) (24 Points)
Replied 15 December 2012

Hi all, I just gone through the all comment over here. See, ICAI ( Cost Accountants of India) and ICAI ( Chartered Accountants of India) has the same name. So GOI should change the Cost Accountants name to ICMAI and retain the name of Chartered Accountants as the same .

Why these people are opposing to change the name of Cost Accounting Institutes??????.

We have to bring professionalism in both manner

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: