Easy Office
LCI Learning

ICWAI - course

Page no : 3

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114220 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

Originally posted by : akilanda koti brahmanda nayaka

arey yaar . there is nothing abusive and defamatory . this is all reallity today and we will know once we visit few exam centrees and assess the students etc. see what language you use on me thats what is defamatory and abusive.

"Yaar" is this the way a senior should talk to a new CWA pass out. Change yourself rather than abusing the Profession.

Khamiya sabme hoti hai...Par sirf gyan dene se kuch nahi hota...Pahle khud ki khamiya dur kijiye....

3 Like

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

i guess akilanda ji is not cwa 

he left the course in between and calling it useless 

1 Like

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

Originally posted by : CMA. Sanjay Gupta

Dear "akilanda koti brahmanda nayaka"

The choice of your words and the comparison of the standard of ICWA with lkg shows how frustraed you are. If anything the standards have improved and will continue to do so in future. Regardless of what you say everybody in the industry know the worth of a CMA (Provided he has the quality too, it is also applicable for CA and CS). I think no body deny the fact even if you are a CA and you dont have the quality you can not get a good job.

The comaprison of CMA's with graduate pass and +2 pass is quite hilarious. I think i should give your no to many Graduates and +2 pass outs. They will give you blessings if you can arrange them even half quality of Job that CMA's get. Now coming to Showing the door on hearing about the CMA's. Depends on the knowledge and personality you have. With the kind of attitude that you are showing and the disrespect towards the Profession of which you say you are a member, it is very much expected. You are misguiding the students. I can give you many examples of successful CMA's. But i dont think it will have any effect on you. Today in all job vacancies CA/ CWA are given the same respect. And ultimately it is your quality which will make your future bright.

I, CMA. Sanjay Gupta, is a proud member of this institute. I am greatful to the ICWAI for iparting such quality education to me due to which i am having a very good career and above all the respect of my fellow Professionals from all the field.

It is my request to you, to change your thought process and stop giving wrong advice to students. I think most of the students can tell you the level of ICWA exams. Today even the  scope of Practicing CWA's has improved by leaps and bound (Hope you are aware of the latest amendments). I can keep writing 10 times the good stuff about my beloved ICWAI than the nonsense stuff you have written. But i dont think i should waste my time on showing you the truth. DGM (F & A) of my company is CMA and he has quite a few CA's under him and so is the case in many organisation and also vice versa. Ultimately its your quality which will take you the TOP.

And if you are a CMA then learn to respect your Profession and Institute. I am proud of that a CWA Student and a New CMA in the form of Ravi is debating against a Vetran like you. These students are the future of ICWAI. At least learn from them.

Regards

CMA. Sanjay Gupta

Why you give this examples ?? this is not relevent to this matter.

akilanda tryed to prove that CWA is not good course. why ??  it is your true experience ??

i dont understand why people compair among CA or CS or CWA.

CWA is good course. knowledge matter then why we are in argument.

every profession have posative thinks and negative thinks.

if our heart fellings is TRUE then each & every course is like GOD.

please dont compair......

this is my humble request to every cci member.

2 Like

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

I heartily agree with the views of Sanjay Gupta & Ravi Khanal Sir. 

Mr. Akilanda, there are still opportunities for CWAs come outs. Initially for 1 or 2 years, they may need to adjust for some less salary. But mostly from 3rd year onwards, definitely you gets a minimum package of 7-10 lacs pa. It depends on the candidate in his looking the ways to grow faster the in the industry by his contributions/initiatives. And remember, even the internationally reputed course like CIMA, having considered the course content of ICWA, has given exemptions to the students who wish to study CIMA. Of course, there are exemptions for CA course too. And Mr. Akilanda, for your information, in addition to above example of Mr Ravi Khanal, my friend who is qualified CWA 2 years back, is now earning 10lacs p.a. in Cairn India. Initially he joined for 3lacs p.a. You can just see how much difference in just 2years.

It's the candidates initiation and capabilities that helps in the company to grow fastly and also its because of maintaining good relation with clients/management that makes things positive. Holding just a CWA degree wont give any big increments if one sits in same organisation. One should not just feel happy after getting CWA qualification, over and above this, one must have knowledge of ways of applying to companies.

3 Like

Replied 30 August 2011

sissodia sir ..... 

actually akilanda ji is doing ipcc and compairing ca to cwa 

that is why i guess sanjay sir has wrote that .......but he  has also writeen vice varsa there ... so there was no intent to compare ..i suppose

but this is a fact .... it depends on ur self insted of degree

akinlanda ji is defaming icwai like anything ...

i knw all are equal .. so far as industry is concerned 

kindly dont mind .....

CMA. CS. Sanjay Gupta ("PROUD TO BE AN INDIAN")   (114220 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

@ Ravi Ji---I dont like comparing. It was not meant to compare. I have quite clearly mentioned that it also the case otherway around (Vice versa)...Ultimately it is dependent on the quality of the person rather than qualification. I am extremely sorry if my comment hurt any body. I Respect each and every Profession. All of them have a role to play for Bright future of Professionals in this Country.

3 Like

Replied 30 August 2011

i know sanjay sir ..... 

wo sissodia sir ko galti se aisa laga .... unhone vice varsa nahi padha hoga

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA) (32226 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

@ sanjay ji - i do agree with you.  

after the reading all previous arguments by Mr.akilanda , i am  not agree with his views. i have a serious objection with akilanda's comments for icwa course.

i am CWA and i am proud to become CWA.

2 Like

CMA Ramesh Krishnan (Cost & Management Accountant)   (71479 Points)
Replied 31 August 2011

Every course having their own qualities and prospects, so it cannot comparable with course to course, doing that comparison is childish, no course can cleared without really studying and understanding the concept. If one person cleared the professional course with good understanding about the course, then they cannot degrade their own with comparing standards and all.

An educational or a professional qualification itself will not give any success in the career; all qualifications are only 30%. Qualification gives us only the knowledge. But balance 70% success is there in how that knowledge applied practically in our career. In this case every one having unique character, every one having own type of skills. If we apply our skills and knowledge (which got though your qualification) in perfectly, we always get success. So don’t depend wholly on our qualifications, only qualification cannot give you good value. More then that knowledge, experience, interest in the field all are important. No employer select only because of qualifications. Today competitive environment even professionals also need to prove their skills with employer then only they can survive, otherwise cannot.

So don’t compare any courses and don’t depend only on your qualifications.

Dear "akilanda koti brahmanda nayaka"

As a friend I want to tell some points to you

1. As a real professional, we need to respect other professions also. Then only your profession will be respected by others. So please don’t degrade other professions.

1. Also first we need to respect our degrees and qualification, then only the same will be respected and accepted by others (especially your interviewer )

1. When ever any one asking suggestion or guidance, please don’t guide them based on your like and dislike happened in your life, just guide them as middle person and when giving guidance we should not put our own interests. If you cannot do that please don’t give any guidance. Giving wrong guidance to the students or other is equal to play their career and future. My humble request to you don’t spoil like anyone career.

So please select your course based on your area of interest that only can help you to finish the course and as well as success your career.

Hope I am not hurt anyone in this discussion

Thank you.

6 Like

Sourav Banerjee MA,MSW (Shabda Bramha) (8842 Points)
Replied 31 August 2011

Hope Mr. Akilanda.. has heard the name of Mr. Habib. The same HABIB who had shot into fame for hair-cutting - not that prospective a profession I guess, at least in India. It seems Mr. Habib knows the tricks of his trade doesn't he? Please correct me if I’m wrong, but so far I know, any professional qualification is not an end in itself. And besides professional qualification there is one other thing that a person seeking a good career must have - employability which includes among many things supreme confidence in one's area of specialization (not overconfidence), pleasant personality, communication skill, ability to lead as well follow etc. 

Ironically, no Institute can teach these to any student if s/he is not keen enough to learn and foresighted enough to grasp the importance of such qualities. The struggle for the summit begins from this point. The people who have these qualities along with expertise in their respective field go to the top while others crowd the bottom or middle of the hierarchy ( there exists some other factors but as those are beyond our control, so I prefer not to talk about the same).

But,….we are very much aware of these hackneyed phrases, aren’t we?

Honestly speaking, I’ve a gut feeling that Mr. Akilanda Koti Brahmanda Nayaka is neither serious about the plight of the CMA. Profession nor he believes in what he has argued for. Honourable Members, please consider –

Would anyone with a sound logic, praise his critic for bashing him to no end (Pls. look at page 2 to find the no. of THANKS he has conveyed) and then again try to defend his case ( now at page 3)?

Is it a ploy to have the lime light or to earn quick points?

Finally, do such responses deserve even a single defence?

Regards.

4 Like

Hemant (Student) (243 Points)
Replied 31 August 2011

Dear Akilanda

It happens sometimes in life. Some people try to give lame execuses to hide their failures. Hope you get what I am saying. Ability of a person to use the words reflects whats inside his mind and heart. 

I did my CWA in 2007. And I experienced wonderful growth in my career in terms of money and learning opportunities. Over a period of time, CWA has carved a niche for themselves in job market. I know many people who are CWA and are doing reasonbly good in their career. Common things which I observed among them is good communication skills, conceptual clarity, good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn !

Why you can't be one them ? Culitivate these qualities. Instead of being subject matter of laughter in such public forums, try to add value so that all around can benefit and if you can't do this. Do appreciate those who are doing it and you will still earn respect of others.

Don't mind my blunt words (I think if you would have minded you wouldn't be writing inane talks again and again here) and try to improve upon. 

May 'Maa Saraswati' bless you with a mind which can help you to talk sensibly and think objectively.

Cheers!

CMA Hemant

5 Like

Kushal Khator ( CA ) (562 Points)
Replied 31 August 2011

what goin on here..?

ACMA Khushal Khanal (D.M. - Finance & Accounts)   (49 Points)
Replied 31 August 2011

In Industry CA/CWA/MBA/CS all are same. These professional degrees just gives u a push. Rest depends on your communication skills, your performance and way you handle situations in Corporate world.

There are plenty of examples wherein people have performed beyond their capabilities. Reason is not only their professional degree (s) but their aptitude and knowledge.

If someone is not able to get a job due to any course, that doesnt means that Institute/degree has a problem. Try to analyze what went wrong and accordingly move ahead. There is no limitation in opportunities for F&A guys......just a positive atitude is required.

I am sure above texts reflects my views on the topic. Not supporting any particular degree just because I hold one of them...but only because I am in the industry from last 6-7 years and thus know what is really happening in the corporate world.

4 Like

jaganathan (accounts executive) (272 Points)
Replied 31 August 2011

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions

(Guest)

My dear Respected Professionals & my Seniors Please don't Mind i think i am not eligible to comment on this, but as a student of this two Great Institutions i feel that Mr akilanda koti brahmanda nayaka blaming his profession means neither he is member of ICWAI not a Student of ICAI. Please respect ur profesion & ur Great Institutes. Due to his fustration he said like this.

Kindly don't Mind Sir

SANTOSH

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro