Easy Office
LCI Learning

ICWA or CS

Page no : 2

Amit Sharma (CA) (34 Points)
Replied 18 February 2011

CA + CS IS The best option

CS RAJ PALIWAL (CS CA(finalist) CWA(inter))   (42 Points)
Replied 18 February 2011

if u r interested in theory then go for CS or in practicle then go for CWA..............

but in CS trainning time is less than CWA course.............

1 Like

VIVEK KEDIA (Salaried) (77 Points)
Replied 18 February 2011

If you  had chosen  CA as first preference   then forget all other courses  . If you qualify CA in first attempt then it more favourable then acquiring CS+CWA .  As it will bring lot of confidence in you.

On the other hand CA is just opposite to CS , So i would suggest you to rather wasting time , your parents money , energy here and there GO for One and complete it.

Regards...

jatin (ICWA and CS student) (407 Points)
Replied 19 February 2011

Originally posted by : BALU A HELPING HAND...

CA+CS = BEST COMBINATIONS....

CA Ruban kumar (Associate) (566 Points)
Replied 19 February 2011

CA + CWA . both have complementary syllabus..... almost 70 % syllabus are same....

Since you need two professional degree, I would suggest to go for CWA. Just because there is not much variation from the syllabus comparing to CS

Since you will practice only as a CA after finishing both, you will not struggle much when completing this combo. preparing for CA exams is all enough to write CWA exams.

If you take CS, you have to study varied laws which might take additional time for your preparation... It all depends on you.... If you are very much interested in Law, go ahead for CS. Else i would definitely suggest CWA.   The practical training 3 years (Not as an articleship) in CWA can be done even after you complete your CWA final exams .... If you opt not for this 3 years training, you can call you as Grad.CWA. So this is the edge of CWA over CS.

In CS there is 15 months training which you have to do before exams*  which might disturb your CA article period..

Good Luck ....

*Need confirmation

1 Like

Himanshu (Proprietor at H. R. Thacker and Co.)   (1439 Points)
Replied 19 February 2011

May I know when will be examination forms for CS June 11 exam will be available???

CA ANSHUL DOKANIA (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (196 Points)
Replied 19 February 2011

i think doing cs along with ca is wastage of effort.Preserve your effort for Ca rather then getting a free degree of cs. 

CMA Dinesh Kumar Singh (Manager - Finance) (62 Points)
Replied 19 February 2011

Completely agree with Ruban Kumar.

He has made good suggestion to you. Please follow it. CWA+CA is always better than CS+CA.

1 Like

CA Kanchan Jha (Finance & Accounts Executive)   (493 Points)
Replied 20 February 2011

agree with Ruban kumar, good suggestion, its difficult to pass both the exam ca + cs in the same time because course are diffrnt, icwa is better fr u

CMA Manish Acharya (Sr. Manager (Finance & Internal Control systems))   (309 Points)
Replied 21 February 2011

Dear Dipak,

The best ever suggestion to ur query can be made after knowing your purpose. In addition to CA if somebody wishes to pursue another course amongst CS or CWA there can be either of the two reasons fo that:

1. To acquire diversified knowledge of another field which has similar charecteristics but cannot resemble the existing one in all respect.
  2. To add one more certificate to academic portfolio for the sake of it while preparing for one due to content similarities.

If your main purpose if (1), CS is the best option for u. Nevertheless if u wish to crack two while making effort for sige one just for additional certificate, CWA is the better option.

Regards,

Manish Acharya

Deepak Sadhu (Manager - Operations) (210 Points)
Replied 21 February 2011

Dear Manish Acharya

I thank you for your valuable opinion I guess taking up CWA or CS depends on how i can manage my studies based upon the content similarities or disimilarities. I will be writing CPT in june'11 and i have the option of writing CS-inter or CWA-inter during Dec'11 so confused whether to take it up now or after my CA-inter

Regards

Deepak

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: