Icsi hikes in fees, so unjustifiable!

CA Ashish Pathak (Employed at Cipla Ltd.) (2779 Points)

19 March 2013  

Hi friends,

Don't you think that the recent hike in examination fees and registration fees by ICSI is unjustifiable? They are charging examination fees almost double the amount being charged by ICAI for exams. And what is even more worse is that the conditions of some of the examination centres are really pathetic. Some of the exam centres don't even have proper fans and ventilation. Writing CS Exams in June when temperature is at its peak in such poor classrooms is so torturing. I am not saying to provide us Air conditioned classrooms but atleast we deserve classrooms with sufficient fans and proper ventilation (given the fact that Institute is charging us hefty fees for exams). They also charge heavy fees in the name of so called "postal coaching." But the institute hardly cares to correct the solved postals that we submit. Its more than four years since i submitted postals for CS Foundation but I never received the results of it till date. And now I am at professional stage. Even there has been senseless increase in registration fees.

Today, I have been trying to apply online for the CS exams for june attempt. I tried to log in at icsi.edu using my reg. no. and the password that I created last time. But its saying incorrect password. And then i tried to retrieve password but it saying "your e-mail account is not registered with us. Please contact helpline". And then I tried calling at several helpline numbers of Icsi but no one cared to receive my phone call. The services of institute towards its students is simply rubbish and yet they have increased the fees as if they are going to invite us for exams in some five star hotel this time.

And moreover, the same paper form which used to cost us Rs.50 just 6months back is now available for Rs.500 (i.e just 900 percent increment). I wonder what extra effects they have given in this paper form this time? It seems that the entire inflationary pressure of the world has hit our ICSI. Ain't this so ridiculous? They are simply "looting" the poor students. Sorry for my harsh words but be honest and say if this hike in fees is really justifiable?