ICAI's new steps are not enough

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)

03 May 2009  

ICAI's new president in his new student's newletter claims that he is doing everything he can to ensure student's welfare. He says in latest edition that he "is contituting a new committee to decide what are genuine reasons for transfer". what the hell does it mean? Does he mean that he has selected men who can predict the uncertainities of life which might compel student to seek transfer.

ICAI has extended the deadline to may15 for late submission of forms. First of all; i thought  they have started doing sth progressive. But it was not that. I heard from inside sources that "icai made this new notifications to help members some breather time to clear the junk(ie students; and icai considers us junk) from their office. Friends, this was not due to pressure from students and parents of ca students; but it was from pressure from CAs who were stuck in junk-clearing process.

Four to five months ago; you might have noticed Central Government and state govt had started announcing ppulist measures to woo voters. This is similar to case of ICAI who will having elections this December 2009. Students can't vote so they are being sold as cattle to the cattle traders ie practsising CAs, who can vote. Else, why would ICAI target coaching centres, colleges, and articleship hours.

A leading CA on this icai's changing colours like girgit," This new rules will be somewhat followed by cas till coming march; after that it will be the same old game agin."

When sb asked a icai official," Sir , did icai bring out this new rules because a CA final ranker got kicked out of a leading company as he had no practical knowledge." He laughs and says," in this city XXX(city's name withheld to protect identity); dummy articleship is common. even icai bigwigs do keep  or have kept dummies to some extent."

Tell me one thing. A student who pays to get relaxed articleship or a student who gets dummy due to his relations with CA(son,dauter, client, chacha,mama,etc) are both dummies. A CA's children doing dummies should be called genuine as his papa,mama will somehow prove him to be genuine even though they do hardly 20pc of articleship period; why students who get relaxation from CAs after paying money (the same CA who had first made him work as mules) is only targetted.?

Tell me. Uttam agarwal is really a bad all round presiden.t We need sb iron man like T manoharan and smewhat Sunil talati.