ICAI's money making formula

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)

26 January 2010  

First of all, best of luck to all the eager anticipants of the inter exams of November 2009. But, as we all know, Uttam P Agarwal is sadly, still the president of the institute and he wouldn’t want to end his tenure with good passing percentage of the students.Especially when

a)he has accused us of being dummies and being spoonfed by coaching institutes.

b)pcc students were up at arms too against the transfer-ban rules.

c) Topper of PCC of June09 told a local magazine of his city (owned by Times of India) that articleship should only be 2 years. (Maybe because he is doing CS also)

When the current lot of pcc students gave CPT; pass percentage was around 15pc and that of CA final was 22+. Now the opposite has happened: passing percentage of CPT is 35pc and that of CA final is an abissymal 7pc. This certainly suggests the true intention of ICAI- TO MINT MONEY FROM STUDENTS. AFTER HIGH PASSING PC OF CPT STUDENTS; THEY WILL BE ABLE TO CHARGE MONEY OF IPCC IN THE FORM OF

i) registration fee

ii) ITT registration and lab fees(4000+4000)maybe revised upwards

iii)orientation fees

iv)coaching fees (if students opt for their classes)

AnD THAT THE PASSING PERCENTAGE OF IPCC CAN BE MODULATED AS PER THE DEMAND OF ARTICLESHIP BY THE MEMBERS WHO REQUIRE SKILLED LABOURERS AT SASTi PRICE. After ALL INFLATION HAS NOT TOUCHED ONE EXPENSE: ”STIPEND TO ARTICLES”.

And I feel very funny when I see intervies, photo album, videos of Uttam lambasting dummy articleship and linking that to passing exams. That can influence only some subject such as

i)                    Accounts (not much effect)

ii)                   Audit (high relations)

iii)                 Taxes (high relations)

What about Costing and Financial Management subject which the ICAI uses to fail mass bulk of DESERVING STUDENTS. I don’t see any relations between Costing and FM with the exposure at my midsized firm.(maybe to allocate overheads of Tea, Coffee, Newspaper, Stationery among various projects maybe);cost p.u of each entry during computation of Income Tax.

Do you see any relations between MAFA, CFM, MICS, etc between your articleship and the exam papers?

Even after setting so called “practical” papers: dummy students have emerged as rankers in CA Final? By dummy, I mean those who took transfer before exams (2 years hard work; 1 year dummy).

Now let’s talk about articleship reduction of PCC students. Yeh baat kabse bol rahe hain;that icai has submitted its approval of the reduction to the Government. I strongly believe that this is just pure hogwash. Itna time thodi lagtaa hain? They may use the excuse that it needs amendments in CA Act by parliament; but where was this Formality when TRANSFER WAS BANNED IN MARCH, WHICH CLEARLY IS SUPPRESSION OF BASIC CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

Recently , you must have heard about Central Govt. banning 44 deemed Universities that was affecting 2 lacs students’ career. CA students affected by these madman and his rules exceed 2 lacs; but Govt. aint doing anything. SC stopped CG from going ahead with the ban TILL IT MADE SURE NO STUDENTS OF THE DEEMED UNI. WOULD BE LEFT IN LURCH; but why didn’t SC HAve A STAY order IN THE TRANSFER BAN. Maybe nobody had the balls or the knowledge to seek SC’s help and our Mahangai Mohan Singh was busy to ensure second term at office.

Disclaimer: By ICAI; I don’t mean to malign any bonafide stakeholder; I am depicted ICAI to be that of President and his henchmen. May WaheGuru protect PCC /ipcc.pe2 students’ results…..s