I think that the CA Institute should consider it

Devi Vikrama (Article) (37 Points)

30 July 2009  

Some problems  which,  many CA-PE2  students are facing.

(1) Students registered under PE-2 have started working in a CA firm after they have cleared one of the groups or after attempting for 3 to 4 times and are attempting CA PE-2 exams by applying leave for few days.

(2) Students who are registered under PE-2 and have worked for a considerable period in CA firm (more than 2-3 years) have quit the CA firm and have started to work in a Company or BPO due to their Economical needs but, are still appearing for CA PE-2 exams.

From the above mentioned points, it can be said that there are CA students who are/were working in a CA firm before getting registered as articles due to their delay in passing out in PE-2 exams. It can also be said that they are getting trained in the same manner as an articled clerk will get trained (in respect of vouching, Ledger review etc.). As even they are also working in the same office environment.

It would be really wonderful and very beneficial to the Students community if, there was a way where these students could have brought a certain percentage of their working period in a CA firm as Credit to their articleship  period (like taht of an Audit Assistant) as they would have gained some knowledge due to practical training, which, as I understand is the main intention of the Institute regarding practical training of articles. It will also help the students in appearing for CA final exams sooner. 

I thank one and all for the time spent in reading this topic.