Easy Office
Easy Office

I PCC Tax Exam analysis and solution to practical questions

Page no : 5

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

Originally posted by : sm faraz

Would the suggested answers from the institute come before the results, anyone?

I hope one month before result..... 

1 Like

abhishek (mr) (241 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

Nice work guys thank you for givin the solutions:-)

krishna (CA IPCC) (35 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

Dear Anuj & all

Anuj u hv blamed to Vivek sir . its ok his answer is wrong but don't laugh at him. You hv mentioned that U r student of Shri Ajai Jain sir then it's a good thing but he will never teach u that Section 111A talk about LTCG This section 111A is talk about STCG & lf there is any Short term gain on equity shares or equity oriented fund then it is liable to tax  @ 15%. I want to  tell U that I m student of Shri Sanjeev Varshney Sir I think U have heard about him he taught me section 111A. Now talk about section 51 advance money forfieted this question is from Sanjeev Sir notes (Q no. 3 of Section 51) only figures are changed. In that section U r right becasue section 51 says advance money forfieted by the assessee only shall be deducted from COA.

4 Like

CA SACHIN SAINI (N.A) (85 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

Guyzzz don't play blame game.....the mistakes could happen from anyone.But Vivek Sir their are lots of mistakes in your solutions.

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

Great Efforts to help CCI Students. Thanks.

Replied 11 May 2011

Originally posted by : SACHIN SAINI

Guyzzz don't play blame game.....the mistakes could happen from anyone.But Vivek Sir their are lots of mistakes in your solutions.

That is i was agreed in the starting in the begining of the forum that it contains error. Anuj and all have given the insight to capital gain section...

Replied 11 May 2011

Originally posted by : krishna

Dear Anuj & all

Anuj u hv blamed to Vivek sir . its ok his answer is wrong but don't laugh at him. You hv mentioned that U r student of Shri Ajai Jain sir then it's a good thing but he will never teach u that Section 111A talk about LTCG This section 111A is talk about STCG & lf there is any Short term gain on equity shares or equity oriented fund then it is liable to tax  @ 15%. I want to  tell U that I m student of Shri Sanjeev Varshney Sir I think U have heard about him he taught me section 111A. Now talk about section 51 advance money forfieted this question is from Sanjeev Sir notes (Q no. 3 of Section 51) only figures are changed. In that section U r right becasue section 51 says advance money forfieted by the assessee only shall be deducted from COA.

This is right and a Loophole in tax. Section 51 

Nish Agr (-) (107 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

In my hunble opinion, before posting something as sensitive as 'solutions of exam papers', one should take the opinion of an expert. A solution like this would only baffle the students. However, I appreciate the effort.

2 Like

chaitanya (none) (27 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

Originally posted by : CA.ViVeK M ACA

Solution to capital Gain Question Number 5 (a)

Computation of Capital Gain

Particular

Amount

Full Value of consideration

Less Expense in connection with transfer

Nil

Net consideration

Less Indexed cost of Acquisition

45000/140*711 ( Working note 3)

Less Indexed cost of improvement

Improvement expense incurred by Rakesh

50000/140*711

Improvement expense incurred By A

190000/244*711

Long term capital Gain

Less exemption

NIL

Taxable capital Gain

Working notes

Where the property acquired on or before 1981, then following workings are warranted

Working note

Computation of cost of acquisition

a)

Cost of acquisition

b)

Fair Market value as on 1/4/4981

a) or b) whichever is higher Shall be

Cost of acquisition

Working note 2

Section 51

If any of the capital asset was subject matter of negotiation  and advance received in respect thereof , transfer of the asset was not taken place, then, such advance need to be deducted from any of the below component for the purpose of computing capital gain

·       Cost of acquisition

·       FMV

·       WDV

Depends upon the nature of capital asset.

Calculation of Total advance received for sale of property

a)

Advance received by Rakesh

b)

Advance received by  Mr A

Total advance received

This will be deducted from FMV

Working note 3

Calculation of adjusted Cost of acquisition

Cost of acquisition as per WN (1) above

Total advance received   WN  (2) Above

Adjusted Cost of acquisition

Working note 4

Cost of improvement incurred on or after 1st April 1981 is eligible for deduction .Cost of improvement expense incurred by Mr. Rakesh for the year 1979-80 will not eligible for deduction.

Indexation will be given for the year of  Gift of property to Mr A. year of Gift was 1986-87 and the index point during that year is 140 point.

This is a correction

i think advance forfeited by Mr. A i.e. Rs 80000 should be deducted from cost of acquisition..

RAHUL (CA) (230 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

Sir,

Pl give PCC solution.

Mohit Bhownani (Student) (294 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

I want to say that Ipcc paper lucks easy but its not easy becoz every question has a trick, if u know the trick then only the paper is easy, otherwise not 

anuj (sdsdsd) (62 Points)
Replied 11 May 2011

Originally posted by : krishna

Dear Anuj & all

criusly./...kis course me ghus gya main....y cant u people take nething lightly????life me itna crius hona bhi achhi baat nahi hota hai mere bhaio....le bhai sanjeev varshney is d best teacher in dis world..bas khush....n as far as my laughing at vivek sir is concerned....he said dat those students who did not do a balanced study would find the paper hard...n ironically nearly all of sir's answers were wrong..so i cud not help myself from laughin at d irony...vats d big deal dude....lyf me itne crius reh kar koi kabhi kuch achieve ni kar paya bhai...n i even said no offences...so i did not disrespect him..he is a ca n he is much bigger dan me in stature n post n haisiyat n education but dat does not mean dat if i laugh at his mistake i m commiting a crime...so just kewl down n enjoy d 3 months b4 d result 

manish agarwal (article) (28 Points)
Replied 20 May 2011

Sir,

Can you Please Provide PCC taxation solutions of May 2011 Examination also.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: