I have discontued my business activites with effect from 20.nov.2017

Blossom Hackett (1 Points)

08 September 2018  

Dear Reader,

I have closed my Current account Of proprietorship, but I an still receiving correspondence from   Custom Office asking for pending Shipping bills & balance details in Collection Bill references.

First time I received a request letter on BRC dated 1 Jan 2018 to facilitate documents on 4 different shipments. Dated within a period of year 2013 to 2014. For which I was able to collect information & provide details.

Second time I have received another request dated 16.08.2018, asking for 7 more shipping bills dated 04.01.2010 till 21.11.2014

Due to the person (my husband) handling this business had passed away on the 2.April.2013, henceforth questions related prior to this date was causing us uninvited losses, I the proprietor ( demise wife ) of this company , took a decision to close this business.

Question : Documents after 2013 are traceable, BUT Shipping bills as old as 2010 & 2011 has become a problem.

1. What kind of penalty do you think I would face for not been able to present sufficient documents to “ Office OF The Commissioner Of Custom (Export).
  2. The letter also has given 10 days to submit the papers. That has gone passed.  
  3. I also need to know till how long will I continue getting such notices. ? Its giving me Its giving me mental touchier. More over the company is closed so legal advise without payment no one likes to give.