Easy Office
LCI Learning

I am thinking to Quit CA after IPCC

Page no : 2

Rajan Sharma (112 Points)
Replied 19 November 2017

I just want say that he should shift his focus from CA a little bit.so he can focus on other aspects of life.afterwards come back with full energy & enthusiasm. when u couldn't help to increase moral of some one then u should better to leave .
3 Like

(Guest)

Yes dear friend, CA is not life. we have to keep ready our PLAN B. if Plan A i.e. CA is not completed Plan B must be started. Start CS, it will be easy for you. dont go for a 15K job, it will not give you satisfaction. complete CS, keep aside CA for 2 years. 

Vaani Chauhan (CA IPCC) (22 Points)
Replied 19 November 2017

Hey friend.smiley''CAstudent98''

Rather than thinking of how many attempts u gave earlier.....what i think that u should seriously  focus on d point where u r lacking in ur preparations...at what point u r mistaking,...may b its ur time schedule, or it could b ur way of studying, or something else...just try to figure out that thing...not on quitting CA...   but as what i can guess  is if u had an option of quitting CA in ur mind , u have opt it earlier...so friend...its d time when u can't take a step back n ur lyf n make a new start...atleast not now..when u have spent ur lot of time nd money in CA..so i suggest u to go on wd CA...may b dis time u wll achieve it wid a tiltle of AIR 1.

B Confident. Gdluck.angel

Attached File : 1620515 20171119172603 42c7acc2403d94dbfc2371833d702318.jpg downloaded: 116 times

pankaj agarwal (9 Points)
Replied 19 November 2017

ICAI should not maintain so much uncertainty at final stage where every opportunity available for a student LOST, Dear student you are here after loosing of all the opportunity available for you, during the age of 18-25, there was lacs of opportunity, if you had not been entered surely you would have been settled else where, now where will you go, all the opportunity available for you had been block, you have now either of two option either CA or CA. you leave ca now chances of success 0% but you stays even after 7 year of rigrous effort chances of success is 3% / 5% / 8% / etc as per ICAI order. and chances of failure calculate by reverse calculation 97% / 95% / 98%, etc. THERE MUST BE 100% ca final result. A TREE IS KNOWN BY IT FROOTS NOT BECAUSE OF ITS EXISTENCE, CA COURSE IS NOT MERELY KNOW BY ITS EXISTING MEMBER OR 50% CPT result, It is only known by its FINAL RESULT, AFTER LOST AND LEFT WHOLE WORLD CHANCES OF FAILURE IS 95%.

1 Like

pankaj agarwal (9 Points)
Replied 19 November 2017

Every course has the reason why you should take entry, this is the only course in the world has reason why you should not take entry, for every course there is some guidance or some other instruction to take admission, but it is the only course where you will get strong recommendation from your care taker not to take admission, even a CA do not permit there child to take admit in CA. for every course there is advertisement it is the only course for which there is so much disadvertisement. who had created this threat which vibrated the ........... the final result will determine future existence certainty of ICAI.

abushalih (CA Final) (59 Points)
Replied 19 November 2017

You did not mention whether you cleared atleast one group or not . If you did not clear atleast one group it is better to concetrate on your job as your dad is working abroad you have opportunity to go and earn there before he retire. while you are on job you can continue your ca by providing some spare time and you can clear ca even after 40. so dont waste your age and concentrate on job and pursue your study when you are confident give exam and clear. There are exam centres in Dubai, Abudhabi, Muscut .Or when you come to india on vacation you can give exam in india also. Note If you cannot clear ipcc in 10 attempts then final is four or five times harder than ipcc.After ipcc work is better idea.

(Guest)

Yes @ Pankaj - what a great message you gave. fully agree with you. 

1) ICAI must make entry harder at CPT level and Exit should be easy. 

2) ICAI just want to earn revenue by taking lots of admissions at easy entry level and they know student will give them revenue in terms of exam fees and purchase of study material atleast for 5 years. 

3) Moreover standards are not based on intelligence. In our exams they dont test our knowledge, what is tested is our memory and capacity to handle vast syllabus? are we supposed to become Hard disc of 2 TB storage? is this called a CA? 

4) Artricleship training is just another way of low wage worker. there is no standardization in articleship. ICAI should itself provide adequate training otherwise reduce the articleship period only to 6 months, its enough to learn usual office work. 

5) Accounting Technician is flop program, no student till today is earning well by dropping final but eligible to become accounting technician. There is no respect for a CA final candidate unless he clears final. 

2 Like

Sanjay Kumar Chaubey (Students/ Proprietor) (113 Points)
Replied 19 November 2017

how one can suggest to quits after 8-9 year. this is not as siple as we thinks so many year ca is the part and parcel of life its not easy to forget. we can earn we can get better position in our life but we never achieve happiness in our life. kya hum wife ma bapp ko chhod sakte hai nahi kyuki unke sath ham rahne ki aadat unse sikhne ki aadat unki sikh hame jode rakhti hai. during the period of training we learn a lott... dr cr audit how we can forget.

1 year ca ko jio we will become a qualified. I have appear in more than 14 exam in ca 8 in final 1st group n now after 4 year starts again study final 2nd group. and 100% sure will clear 

1 Like

(Guest)

@ sanjay kumar ji - yes its not easy to forget but after so many attempts for example 15-20 attempts there is no support from family then in that situation what one can do?

Sanjay Kumar Chaubey (Students/ Proprietor) (113 Points)
Replied 20 November 2017

arrange money for one year and forget every thing and appear in exam consequetive atlest 3 atempt. forget every relation except you core respponsibility. my age is now 40 and i m goint to starts preparation from next week after 5 year. my plan is same as advised u. what u loose in this period dont mind only remember next attempt is last. for pursuing mba may atlest 2 lac required use this money in ca.

nikitha jain (0) (35 Points)
Replied 20 November 2017

Hello ,

Success comes after consistent study.

Quitting should not be the option.

2 Like

vikash prasad (CMA) (26 Points)
Replied 20 November 2017

Dear,

As you have given 10 attempts, dont west a single moment, do something else but just leave it now. And whoever trying connect it with life theory, its too horable..

CS. CMA. J.Rajganesh (Finance Professional) (383 Points)
Replied 20 November 2017

Hi ....Dont Quit. Complete your Articleship first. and then go for any job in Corporate (Finance Dept). Do some other course like CMA / MBA / CS simultaneously with CA. Never Ever giveup CA. All the best for your Career

Vikash Maheshwari (learner) (6358 Points)
Replied 20 November 2017

Well, I can very well understand the level of frustration and the mental pressure you are currently going through, but then you must also accept the fact that you are not alone. There are thousands of others who are in even worse position. Financial problems, health issues, family problems, constant taunts from relatives and those comparisons with cousins and "Sharma ji ka beta/beti" , pressure to settle down ,start earning..the list is never ending.

If you ask anyone about what should you do…you will get answers which can be categorically placed under – 1. Highly motivational “Are you stupid , you should not quit…you are so close…work harder brother…you can do it..make your parents proud” and the other one 2. “Be practical bro…look out for something else..don’t waste your time…there’s life beyond CA…CA is not everything..”

The answer may be lengthy and will not provide a custom answer to your dilemma..All I want to do is share my little experience and  hope it will help you make a decision..remember, in the end it’s your life,your decision and your destiny…

First and foremost you have to ask yourself why did you choose this course…you got to be honest with yourself…was it because everyone was doing it…was it because you had no other good choice…was it because it is low cost-high reward course…was it because it was your dream all along to become a CA and you are just in love with numbers …or may be it’s driven by any other factors…If it had been your dream all along then nothing should stop you from giving your heart and soul to study…and you wouldn’t be asking this question in the first place….

There’s are 12lac+ students enrolled at various levels in CA…and we all know what kind of passing percentage we get…the competition is getting immense…and it has to be…it is like any other competitive exam where you have to prove your worth…clearing the exams is not just about mugging up and writing everything…you have to think out of the box and work as per your strengths and do smart study…Did you introspect after every result where are you lacking? By how much are you missing the mark…if the gap is too wide,40 marks or group aggregate, then you have to sit back and think where are you really lacking…even simple things like writing precise and concise answers to the point is an art which you have to develop..

I don’t mean to scare you ,but just being practical ,finals is even tougher…people are stuck in the cycle of May and November for years …I really feel sad when I see our students losing all the confidence and de-motivated…

You must not put all your eggs in one basket…the problem arises when people put all their heart and soul and work so hard and it’s absolutely no crime to ask for positive results after putting in so much hardwark…but you have to groom yourself over all…be it communication…financial markets…think beyond books…I feel surprised to see very few students have actually read an annual report,or attended any AGM,or tracked any IPO or company when in the end, the entire syllabus of CA concentrates around companies….

I would suggest the following :

1. Introspect –where are you falling short…devise a smart study plan
  2. Develop interest in stock markets- read annual reports,attend AGMs,track IPOs
  3. Look out for jobs where you get to learn and as well as earn…even a job profile like relationship manager in a bank would add value and help you interact with clients
  4. Give yourself 2 attempts and after that don’t look back

In the end let me share my story where I learnt a lot in life….back in 2008-09 , I bought almost 100 shares of Suzlon at some where around 300…and then markets collapsed..but I held on to it..there was a lot of debt issues in company but I held on…I had thought the business model is good, it’s the future and I held on….today my shares are trading at less than 20/share…I learnt a lesson.exit strategy…we must understand in life we have to make decision at the right time…whether the decision was right or wrong only time will decide..but we have to make a decision…

Ask your self if life would be better without a prestigious degree like CA or not... you must understand that not all CAs are successful neither all successful people are CAs...it's your hunger to learn and grow takes you forward...having a degree doesnot guarantee success but it's always better to have one and keep learning..
Hence, all I would say is focus on your strength and try to motivate yourself because true motivation can only come from within. Wish you all the best for your life..!

3 Like

CA ASHOK KUMAR (Chartered Accountant ) (638 Points)
Replied 20 November 2017

Dear CAstudent98,

Am 31 now, Cleared my IPCC in May 2011, Am trying to clear my CA final from Nov 2013. in last attempt i cleared group I. Preparing for group II now. Am working since April 2014. Hardly I will get holiday for 10-12 days for my exams(Before exam). As working in MNC I cant take leave on exam days. Am working in 2nd shift (1 PM to 10.30 PM). after attending exams I used go to the office for remaining day.

After my Nov 2016 attempt I analysed my self whether I gave my 100% or not. Answer was no.

I took following steps immediately:

1. Applied for verification of copies, analysed where i went wrong.

2. Attended crash course for 2 subjects( Law and Audit)

3. Purchased video classes for FR and SFM.

4.Solved all questions from PM,RTP,Mock test papers.

5. Attempted exam with confidence (Even this time no holidays on Exam days).

Am married. Please decide answer your self you have given your 100% , If yes quit else plan study and give 100%

Regards,

Ashok Kumar

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: