Easy Office
Easy Office

HRA Claim U/s10(13A)

Page no : 2
(Guest)

Dear Sir,

We have many employees who are working with in our Organisation and they are stying in guest houses of the company (taken on rental basis and giving facility of guest house to the employees who are came from outstations). At the time of payment of their salaires we are deducting some amount as rent which is specified (as per co. rules & polocies).  

Kindly  guide me at the time of calculating staff ITax can I treat the deducted amount as if they have paid rent to the guest house. And will it possible or correct for me to treating that amount as rent at the time caculating HRA deductin.

Thanking you

PRASAD

(Guest)

Dear sir ,

my salary is 6.o lac ctc ,

now i am paying 43000 to Lic,Pf 26000,Nsc 20000,school fee 12000 and house rent 120000 per annum.

Is there any way to escape from IT Exemptions.

please give the details to e mail.

thanks lot

(Guest)

Sir,

I am paying rent to my wife for her flat . Wife also residing in same flat. Can i claim HRA exemption under Sec 10(13A).

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" we are staying in a rented house which is in the name of my wife hence the rent receipt. my wife is housewife, so can i claim hra rebate for the rent. "

Nirmala (Articles Student) (107 Points)
Replied 18 December 2008

For paying rent to wife, you will be entitled to claim exemption under Section 10(13A) of the Income Tax Act, 1961, read with Rule 2A of the Income Tax Rules, on the HRA received by you from your employer as long as you provide the rent receipts paid to your wife for staying in the house owned by her.

It is to be noted that the HRA benefit is denied only if the assessee stays in his/her own house or does not pay any rent for the accommodation occupied by him/her.

Your wife has to show the rental income received from you as 'Income from House Property'

Anwar Hasan (cma) (95 Points)
Replied 08 March 2009

Do employees need to quote PAN number of landlord on rent receipt is necessary for claiming deduction under section 10(13A) read with rule 2A?

kishore deokar (service) (24 Points)
Replied 11 September 2009

Hi, I have paid Rent Rs. 10000 PM plus building mentainance charges Rs. 500 pm, Rent receipt received from owner for Rs. 10500/-. for HRA exemption which amount consider ? only rent or rent + mentainance ?

Vinayak (Manager) (184 Points)
Replied 13 January 2010

Please let me know if PAN of land lord is to be quoted to claim HRA..

Shekhar (Sr. Executive) (53 Points)
Replied 13 January 2010

Hi Kishore,

for HRA Benefit you need to consider only Rent Amount. i.e.,  Rs.10,000/- p.m only.

JAY (ACCOUNTANT) (22 Points)
Replied 22 March 2010

Please let me know i m staying in rented premises and paying rent and getting HRA from my employer & also i own my flat and pay Interest on housing Loan so can i get deduction for interest on Housing Loan together with HRA exemption under 10(13)A.

Subash Srinivasan (chartered accountant) (390 Points)
Replied 23 March 2010

dEAR bISHMA RAO,

U CAN CLAIM THE hra EXEMPTION WHILE FILING THE RETURN

SHUVRO ( (WANT TO LEARN) ) (175 Points)
Replied 24 March 2010

Mr jay

certainly u can claim both of them

go ahead

Ragothaman (23 Points)
Replied 05 October 2010

Whats the solution?

If land lord refuses to provide rent receipt ?

Moreover rent agreement being retained by landlord and never provides even a photcopy of that too.

Land lord always demands rent by way of cash only.

paramita (CA) (41 Points)
Replied 27 January 2011

Can an employee claim HRA exemption for rent paid for a house where his family stays? But the employee himself stays in a furnished accomodtion provided by the Company/Employer, which is treated as a perquisite in his Income.

Please advice

saradha1989@gmail.com (saradha1989@gmail.com) (21 Points)
Replied 03 March 2011

An officer (Govt employee) availed loan to construct a house in Tanjore. His parents r residing in his own house in Tanjore for which no rent is received by the individual. The place of employment of the individual is Perambalur and he is staying in a rented house. 

He deducts the HRA from his salary income.

He deducts the interest on capital borrowed from nationalised bank for the construction of the house

He claims deduction u/s 80C - Principal repayment of housing loan.

Is his claim correct????? If so pl quote the rule

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: