How valuable cima qualification is in india?

I am CA with 7 years of post qualification experience. I am currently working with a banking company and looking for pursuing any other professional qualification which can help me in my career growth. As this is going to be an additional qualification I just want to go strictly by return on investment. I need your valuable advice how useful it is doing CIMA for a person like me!

 

I am inclined towards CIMA as they are offering processional gateway assessment which is more like a shortcut for quicker qualification. Hope I have made myself clear! Please advise..

 

Please also drop few words on general acceptances and recognition of CIMA in India in job circles…

Replies (3)

Hey Srinivas, I feel that CIMA will basically expand your horizon, diversify or amplify your thought process and actually let you think in a more strategic way.

Today, if a CA qualification can make you a pro with accounts and evaluate the profit and loss in your head by merely looking at the accounts then I can tell that after CIMA qualification, you'll be able to answer the whys and whats of the accounts and actually provide a way forward. So if  you see, your thinking will transform into more business oriented.  

I have seen a lot of them ask as whether CIMA will get them a good package and stuff like that. But when your knowledge base is so dynamic and so intense that making money is just cakewalk.  I've worked with many CIMA people and I can tell that they have a vision and they're extremely practical. 

See, I tell you the ground reality. The truth is that CA is the daddy in INDIAN Market!!! You're a CA, you're recognised by Indian employers, you get good packages and basically you get sorted. But with CIMA it's not the case in INDIA.

But.. like I said before you'll have a panoramic view after the qualification rather than a fixed focus! Choice is yours.. 

t 

Dear friends,

 

CIMA Qualification is an added advantage for professionals like C.A's , CWA's , MBA's. There is entry route for professionals which is called Professional/ Management Gateway. , 11 papers of CIma are exempt for Professionals.

Till 31st July , CIMA fee is as follows:

CA's- 290 GBP instead of 320 GBP

MBA's- 500 GBP instead of 600 GBP.

 

CIMA gateway classes are starting in Delhi from July 1, 2012. For more information please write at info @ onlineglobalcareer.com or call at 8800145588.

 

From \

KAPP Edge Solutions

(CIMA Approved learning partner)

www.onlineglobalcareer.com

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details