Easy Office
LCI Learning

HOW TOUGH WAS NOV 2008 FINAL EXAMS TO YOU

Page no : 3

gaurav (Wanna PlaY) (54 Points)
Replied 07 November 2008

Hey All who are feeling low....Even I may not get very high marks..

Read this:

Either we Win or We learn. Every  loss is a learning experience.

==================================================

So be a Winner even when the Chips are down...

HEy U r making me sound poetic...lolz./

CA riya (CA) (266 Points)
Replied 08 November 2008

I AM REALLY SAD TO WRITE THIS.I was prepared with Munish Bandari.But I cudn hav a glance through the lessons before exams...I forgt many areas tat came in the exam.I was able to give correct points for 55-60 marks questions..Will they give 40 for me?I cudn writ anythng for the rest..

Got v tensed and frgt to read the instructions.I gav answeres to entire questions.Wil the y penalise me? 

shailesh agarwal (professional accountant)   (7642 Points)
Replied 08 November 2008

DONT'WORRY BE HAPPY

RENJITH MANI (ACCOUNTANT) (46 Points)
Replied 08 November 2008

Originally posted by :riya
" I AM REALLY SAD TO WRITE THIS.I was prepared with Munish Bandari.But I cudn hav a glance through the lessons before exams...I forgt many areas tat came in the exam.I was able to give correct points for 55-60 marks questions..Will they give 40 for me?I cudn writ anythng for the rest..
Got v tensed and frgt to read the instructions.I gav answeres to entire questions.Wil the y penalise me? 
"

Hello Friend actually u have done the best thing for, as per the valuation gudelines if a student has attempted all the questions the examiner is expected to value all of them and put all the marks on the title sheets and cancel the least scored qtns out of qtns 4 to 9 and total the marks. This is very strict and clear instruction given. So if you have attempted all the qtns you are going to end-up scoring atleast 10 marks extra. If u dont feel to trust me call any faculty, this was authoritative information given by Mr G Sekhar Chennai , confirmed by Saravana Prasath and Santhi Ganapathi all are ex-valuers and present faculties so CHEER UP you have eliminated great risk of making a wrong assumption and loosing mark on a qtn

Replied 08 November 2008

Originally posted by :RENJITH MANI
"

Originally posted by :riya

"
I AM REALLY SAD TO WRITE THIS.I was prepared with Munish Bandari.But I cudn hav a glance through the lessons before exams...I forgt many areas tat came in the exam.I was able to give correct points for 55-60 marks questions..Will they give 40 for me?I cudn writ anythng for the rest..
Got v tensed and frgt to read the instructions.I gav answeres to entire questions.Wil the y penalise me?
"

Hello Friend actually u have done the best thing for, as per the valuation gudelines if a student has attempted all the questions the examiner is expected to value all of them and put all the marks on the title sheets and cancel the least scored qtns out of qtns 4 to 9 and total the marks. This is very strict and clear instruction given. So if you have attempted all the qtns you are going to end-up scoring atleast 10 marks extra. If u dont feel to trust me call any faculty, this was authoritative information given by Mr G Sekhar Chennai , confirmed by Saravana Prasath and Santhi Ganapathi all are ex-valuers and present faculties so CHEER UP you have eliminated great risk of making a wrong assumption and loosing mark on a qtn
"

Agree.....So Relax Budy...

Replied 09 November 2008

Hw was costings guys again the C bucket syndrome right?

Relevant costing was given a miss also marginal costing did not a/c for more tha 15 marks . Then the QT and modern cost management theories were all over the paper seems for the rest of the papers the important areas can be not that important. I think i must start preparing for salary income, HP income etc for DT

Other than this surprise costing was for the first time a paper that cud be attempted in 3hrs 30 minutes (usually they set 5 hrs papaer right). Std costing prob was tough for me , I cud not connect the info, then ABC took much time more than what is justifiable and net work I got a figure for Z which was not given in normal probability table ie 4.09 or so, LPP problem had a printing mistake right - the labour was given as material.

(Guest)

Read Mr.L.Muralidharan's MAFA Nov'08 Exam Review.

Read Mr.L.Muralidharan's ACCOUNTS Nov'08 Exam Review.

(Guest)
" Hw was costings guys again the C bucket syndrome right?
Relevant costing was given a miss also marginal costing did not a/c for more tha 15 marks . Then the QT and modern cost management theories were all over the paper seems for the rest of the papers the important areas can be not that important. I think i must start preparing for salary income, HP income etc for DT
Other than this surprise costing was for the first time a paper that cud be attempted in 3hrs 30 minutes (usually they set 5 hrs papaer right). Std costing prob was tough for me , I cud not connect the info, then ABC took much time more than what is justifiable and net work I got a figure for Z which was not given in normal probability table ie 4.09 or so, LPP problem had a printing mistake right - the labour was given as material.
"

I am fed up with ICAI. We all should write to Newspapers about the lengthy papers. Read this : This is a review on This website with respect to MAFA:

==================================================

The first question (being compulsory) would take easily 1.25 hours to complete
with the help of MS excel. Now one can imagine the anxiety amongst the students
for such a question being compulsory with no help of a computer under
examination conditions. This question though tests on the basics of capital
budgeting but predominantly involves clerical workings of the cash flow. This
makes one wonder as what Institute wants of from a student, a fast computing clerk
or a manager?

================================

Once we got 12th CBSE paper which was lengthy and it was in Media for one week. CA are the backbone of financial sector and this is what we get. Easy Questions but No time to solve those,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Tell us that they do not wast people with IQ but Typewriters with good speed

(Guest)
" Hi Soumya me too was too down and felt kind of robbed when i walked out of a/cs exam hall. but just take it easy if u had a tough day be a tougher girl just let youself up. its not an exam thats going to decide the life for u. cheerup and anyways if you have taken the effort the examiner is going to see that in yr paper though you might judge your work below par. just be like a horce - see only towards way ahead block your sideways vision and never llok back "

Hey thanks .....havin done ...as u said thers no point in worrying......will wait for something gud ot happen/

Replied 11 November 2008

Hi

MICS, as always, had no surprises its just the results that is going to surprise us here right? 

Replied 11 November 2008

How about the PROBABILITY QUESTION in MICS today.

Total was more than 100 0r say 1?

CA. Prashanth Kumar Jain (Chartered Accountant) (68 Points)
Replied 14 November 2008

Accounts and Mafa was very tough audit and corporate laws easy. There is change in pattern of questions in mafa which made it very tough to finish in scheduled time 

UDIT SONI (STUDENT) (26 Points)
Replied 15 November 2008

lolzzz

UDIT SONI (STUDENT) (26 Points)
Replied 15 November 2008

lolzz

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: