How to study ca final law

Neeraj Arora (Teacher) (136 Points)

30 January 2016  

Hello CA final students, first of all I am really sorry for not being able to post for the last couple of days, I was busy with the ICAI national convention.

I have been getting a lot of queries regarding the LAW of CA final so I have made the following video which will solve all your queries, you can click on the link to view it; How to Study CA Final Law - 1. Mission May 2016. Video 14

A lot of students say that the law of CA final is very bulky and dry and often looks very dis interesting, therefore what should be its study material. But before that there is something about me that you should know, i scored 64 marks in CA final law and i prepared the whole subject in 8 days and as far I am concerned I prepared form Munish Bhandari sir's book, now when I was studying, I used both the books, the text book and the tabular format book, and when i say i prepared it in 8 days it means i was also spending 15 hours a day in the least to prepare for the exam.

One basic mistake that students commit is that they tend to read the book just like they are reading a novel, this cannot be the case, we need to improve our reading methods, There are two methods to do this, one you read the book very fast completely in your first reading. obviously you will not understand anything but you will get a complete overview of the topic. The other method is to give it a slow read, and while understanding you also continue to highlight the important words. either way its your choice but decide which method you want to study with.

Make deadlines, and by this i mean set a target you can chose both a page based topic as well as a topic based topic, you can decide that you will read 25 to 30 pages in a day, or you will finish two topics in a day and try to stick to that.

When i was preparing for the exam i had my book photocopied in a special manner, i would have on page blank and one page printed from the book, this helped me in making short notes and charts on the topic. This helped me in two ways, It helped me in preparing charts specially those which i could make in the exams and also helped me in quicker revisions that could take place one night before the exam

Another thing I would like to add is that there are a lot of students who score wonderful marks in school or even in IPCC but are unable to clear the final exams, it happened with me also, I had exemption in 5 subjects when i gave my IPCC. but I failed my final exam, so i realized that the mistake which i was committing was that i was not studying the same way in which i used to study in school or at the IPCC level . Always study by visualizing like you did in school , read a topic and then try to put it in your own words, check weather you have understood it or not, dont keep turning the pages.

If you think that you can replicate the exact language of the books in the exams then i am very sorry to say friends, that is not possible. but you can always convey your point across. Do not forget to do the RTP for the previous two attempts and the suggested answers for the last six attempts, this is especially true for those who are confused on how to present the paper, instead of asking your friends, its best you ask ICAI, see how the quote they sections and give the answer.

I will be making another video on the same topic, stay tuned for more.