Easy Office
LCI Learning

How to Speak fluent English ?

Page no : 2

shyambali yadav (chartered Accountancy final)   (48 Points)
Replied 29 December 2009

IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR A BEGINNER TO SPEAK IN ENGLISH WITH ANY ONE, SO HE MUST SPEAK IN ENGLISH WITH HISSELF WHEN HE IS ALONE, BECAUSE NO ONE CAN HAVE ANY HASITATION IN SPEAKING IN ENGLISH WHEN HE IS TALKING WITH HIS OWNSELF, WHEN HE FIND THAT NOW HE ACQUIRED SOME CONFINDENCE AND STARTED FEELING COMFORTABLE IN ENGLISH, HE CAN START TO SPEAK IN ENGLISH WITH HIS CLOSE FRIENDS, & THEN GRADULLY WITH THE REST OF WORLD. THIS IS A TESTED TECHNIQUE.

Ridhi (job) (63 Points)
Replied 29 December 2009

watch english movies n read english novels

1 Like

Anup rathi (CA FINAL) (268 Points)
Replied 30 December 2009

Read lots of english books

get familiar with jargons der applications

nd most imp u can enroll for veta institute o speak well english classes

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15103 Points)
Replied 30 December 2009

One of my known is a sound english speaker now. I know that before 3 years he was not so..

I asked him about the secret and he told:

"I have used 4 tools to improve, one is dictionery, second is radio, and third is newspaper and the last is mirror. I used to read at least 10 minutes, times of india, loudly in front of mirror. I also listen news in hindi and then in english on radio, but that time, when I was listening news in hindi, used to write it in english, then to correct after lisnting in english. It helped and improved me day by day and today I'm capable to speak fluently."

Don't know if it works for all, I used the same method when I was student but with TV instead of Radio, and without use of mirror and notepad etc., and really it helped me in improving language.

1 Like

Reetika Goel (Qualified Chartered Accountant)   (565 Points)
Replied 30 December 2009

Mere reading and writing won't help... You will have to do many steps simultaneously like:

- Refer some really good grammer book for improving your grammer.

- Read English Newspaper (not whole, just one article and try to find out meaning of every word used in it)

- Try to speak english in your day to day talks.

All this exercise will help you in overall improvement:

Grammeratical study will improve your grammer like where to use can,may, might, could...etc..

Reading newspaper will improve your sentence making and vocabulary.

& speaking english will make your tongue used to this language....For speaking english best you can do is try to think in english...try to convert words of daily use and daily talks in english....

Lastly when you see improvement in yourself....start doing this exercise...it will act as a check of your improvement...

Take an article from newspaper...convert it in your mothertongue.....close the newspaper and reconvert it in english.

This will act as a true check of your english...

One thing i want to tell you, for learning language you need constant practice but it doesn't mean you need some company to talk to. Company help us to learn quickly but still the hardwork and practice is needed.

BEST OF LUCK!!!

Feroz (S.A/c) (31 Points)
Replied 30 December 2009

To Speak in English Fluently, We need follow up below advises. Similarly, A day minimum of 1/2 hr.We need to speak with any dept of Seniors. 

"Top 5 Mistakes English Learners Make"

What are the most common mistakes that English learners make? Which mistakes do most English learners need to correct, in order to learn English much faster?

Here are the top 5 English Learning Mistakes:

1. Focusing On Grammar

This is the biggest, most common, and worst mistake. Research shows that grammar study, in fact, actually hurts English speaking ability. Why? Because English grammar is simply too complex to memorize and use logically.... and real conversation is much too fast.

You don't have enough time to think, remember hundreds or thousands of grammar rules, choose the correct one, then use it.

Your logical left-brain cannot do it. You must learn grammar intuitively and unconsciously, like a child. You do this by hearing a lot of correct English grammar- and your brain gradually and automatically learns to use English grammar correctly.

2. Forcing Speech

Both English students and teachers try to force speech before the learner is ready. The result is that most students speak English very slowly- with no confidence and no fluency. Forcing speech is a huge mistake. Don't force speech. Focus on listening and be patient. Speak only when you are ready to speak- when it happens easily and naturally. Until then, never force it.

3. Learning Only Formal Textbook English

Unfortunately, most English students learn only the formal English found in textbooks and schools. The problem is- native speakers don't use that kind of English in most situations.

When speaking to friends, family, or co-workers, native speakers use casual English that is full of idioms, phrasal verbs, and slang. To communicate with native speakers, you must not rely only on textbooks.. you must learn casual English.

4. Trying To Be Perfect

Students and teachers often focus on mistakes. They worry about mistakes. They correct mistakes. They feel nervous about mistakes. They try to speak perfectly. No one, however, is perfect. Native speakers make mistakes all the time. You will too. Instead of focusing on the negative- focus on communication.

Your goal is not to speak "perfectly", your goal is to communicate ideas, information, and feelings in a clear and understandable way. Focus on communication,focus on the positive. You will automatically improve your mistakes in time :P

5. Relying On English Schools

Most English learners rely totally on schools. They think the teacher and the school are responsible for their success. This is never true. You, the English learner, are always responsible. A good teacher can help, but ultimately you must be responsible for your own learning.

You must find lessons and material that are effective. You must listen and read every day. You must manage your emotions and remain motivated and energetic. You must be positive and optimistic. No teacher can make you learn. Only you can do it!

While these mistakes are very common, the good news is that you can correct them. When you stop making these mistakes, you change the way you learn English. You learn faster. Your speaking improves. You enjoy learning English.

Good luck... you can do it!  

Silent Member   Rgds Feroz...

1 Like

Ridhi (job) (63 Points)
Replied 30 December 2009

wow feroz is so ryt...... i agree wid him....... thanx feroz for sharing dis

Ridhi (job) (63 Points)
Replied 30 December 2009

Originally posted by : Reetika
Mere reading and writing won't help... You will have to do many steps simultaneously like:
 - Refer some really good grammer book for improving your grammer.
- Read English Newspaper (not whole, just one article and try to find out meaning of every word used in it)
- Try to speak english in your day to day talks.
All this exercise will help you in overall improvement:
Grammeratical study will improve your grammer like where to use can,may, might, could...etc..
Reading newspaper will improve your sentence making and vocabulary.
& speaking english will make your tongue used to this language....For speaking english best you can do is try to think in english...try to convert words of daily use and daily talks in english....
Lastly when you see improvement in yourself....start doing this exercise...it will act as a check of your improvement...
Take an article from newspaper...convert it in your mothertongue.....close the newspaper and reconvert it in english.
This will act as a true check of your english...
One thing i want to tell you, for learning language you need constant practice but it doesn't mean you need some company to talk to. Company help us to learn quickly but still the hardwork and practice is needed.
BEST OF LUCK!!!

i would jus say dese all thngs r really gud but only in pen n paper if u really want to help ur self widout getting bored read novels coz i personally knw dat's really difficult to read newspaper every day.... its boring so try novels n dat too fun stuff like chetan bhagat, ravi subramanian etc.

vanisri (Chartered Accountant) (456 Points)
Replied 31 December 2009

It is fine. Further any doubt or clarifications we can use the website - www.englishpage.com/.

CA kitty (free lancer) (97 Points)
Replied 20 March 2010

hi gaurav..............as quoted by dhiraj............................. thinking in english  iz a really fantastic easy and effective way of gaining command in english....................make sure dat whatever u think  it should be in english ..........dats it.....u can never  stop  thinking nd so u'll never stop learnin english.............initially it sucks........but finally it rocks

(Guest)

Indeed nice help from the members. Very useful.. :-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: