How to show expenses in schedule bp in itr-3 in case of income earned from firm only

ANURAG BANSAL (20 Points)

17 October 2018  

Dear Sir,

I am a Partner in a Firm and earn Interest Income, Remuneration and profit from the Firm. I used to fill ITR-2 till last year but it seems i have to fill ITR-3 this Assessment year (A.y 2018-19). Sir, i am filling "Share of Income from Firm only" as my "Nature of Business" in ITR-3. I am also filling my details of Interest Income from the firm in "Column A24 of Schedule BP". However, there is no column to show Expenses that i have incurred to earn this income (which was present in all previous years in ITR-2). For Eg- I have taken a loan from Mr.A and put that as capital in the Firm. Now the Interest that i am paying to Mr.A was treated as Expenses incurred to earn interest from the firm and was accordingly set off. However, this year there is no column to show these expenses. I have contacted TRPS 2-3 time over phone but am not getting satisfactory replies. You are kindly requested to please advise me how to proceed further. Thanking you in advance.