How to save from tax exemptions?

Hi, I am new to the IT world and I have been earning more than 5 lakhs. so each month some tax deductions are being done on my salary.

I pay rent of 5700 and am also going to open a LIC policy for the same.

One of my seniors said that, instead of 5700, you declare 8333 in HRA and show some declarations at the end, and you'll be good.

I just want to ask, isn't it illegal to show fake declarations? or is it practiced like that only? kindly help me. I have very little knowledge about this
Replies (6)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores how IT professionals can legally reduce their tax liability. The original poster, earning over 5 lakhs, inquired about declaring higher HRA than actual rent paid and questioned the legality of such practices. Responses advise against submitting fake declarations, highlighting severe penalties including imprisonment under the Income Tax Act. The consensus is to focus on legitimate tax-saving investments and exemptions rather than fraudulent methods.

I can help you. Leaving the details in your inbox.
I can guide you through. Please check your inbox for further details.
Follow Sec 115BAC AND PAY TAX.
INVEDTMENTS NOT MADE CAN BE MADE IN HIGH YEILD RATED INSTRUMENTS GIVING MORE SAVINGS.
Showing fake declaration can cause imprisonment under Income Tax , Act .

300% penalty for avoiding taxes .

If you are earning income then you have to pay tax and the same deducted by your company.

Don't submit fake declarations.
Fake declaration are hardly there.
The queriest asked about fake declarations only..Check the query again

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details