How to reduce time spent on Internet

Mukesh Choraria (Professional Motivator) (853 Points)

13 February 2011  

Internet - a Survival thing after food, water n air................

Yes it may be hard to accept but its true that we need the internet everyday or may be every hour

I just got a software installed just to check how much time i spend on Computer. The above graph says the same... The time i have spent in last 2 days on my computer and that includes spending time on internet.

The average comes to 5-6 hrs for a student of CA which is hardly acceptable.

And yes i do not read online notes nor online lectures nothing sort of it....

Most of the time i am surfing or i am on CA clubindia and good part i am not on FB or Orkut or else would have had 8-9 hrs.

So what do we do really to remove this.... Here is what i think????

1. If i am a CA student i would come to CAclub to get Notes, problem Solving, Motivation or Tips or Tricks.
  2. Problem solving is ok but if it takes 2-3 hrs to receive an answer its not the correct method/
  3. FB/Orkut thats upto individual who wants to socialize more or focus on studies more.

Give 1 day for urself  open an excel sheet write down what you will really need in next 3 monts for your preparation.

Print some motivational Quotes / Articles and put on your desk or notice board.......

Write down all and then tick as you keep getting it...............

Really speaking even if you visit the site after 10-12 days nothing much gonna change---

there will be some new motivational tips,

New notes, new answers , new comments ...........

But thats not gonna make a large difference to your knowledge or study for next CA exam...

Yes if you are an article who have exams after 2.5 years you should regularly visit.

So guys when you just start your PC you never know how much time goes and then you could only wish if you could not have done it. So Think on it and just let me tell you tht if you think that after studying for 3-4 hrs you want a break and you are coming on internet just to get relax then you are doing wrong,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Because the next time when you log off your pc just do check that you are feeling relaxed or you need some more time to get relax as you have just had given lot of straining to your eye muscles.......

Hope we understand that being on internet will not relax us but it will take energy which will have least of the benefits.....