Easy Office
LCI Learning

How to prepare for campus placement !!!

Page no : 2

RG - A Helping Hand (Company Secretary) (13867 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

Thanks very much everyone for comments.

For other articles check the link below:

Variety of Articles in the month of August  

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

Really Wonderful Guidelines and Very Informative Post Richank Sir. Nice presentation too.

Regarding Group Discussion, IN ADDITION to some of the advises that Ravi Khanal pointed out, the most important thing that is required to give effective GD in my view is one should have knowledge on the latest topics, as mostly those will be asked in the Interview like they may ask on DTC,GST, Companies Bill, IFRS etc.,

If one is not having good brief knowledge on these topics, then he is not in a position to talk confidently in the Interview. In my view, the student who is referring and understanding CA Members Journal every month will definitely get success in Interview, subject to communicating well (atleast to the satisfactory level) in English in the GD. Because many companies that comes to Placements are top corporates and big MNC's. Obviously they expect a certain level of good communication initially, as it plays a vital role in communicating with other departments/clients after joining the company.

So, obviously, if such communication and confidence speaking and lack of knolwedge on latest happening around our course are absent in a student, then obviously HR executives will put the candidate aside. And most importantly, as said by Seniors above, the first and foremost thing that is needed is to prepare a good resume, mentioning the important duties that has been carried out in articleship period. Many students I observed is lacking in this aspect. Looking at the resume itself, the recruiters estimate the level of candidate and his communication/presentation skill. Students should also make sure that resume is free of grammatical mistakes and spellings, which is most important. Resume is the first and best impression in my view. Let others comment. All in all a good post Richank Sir. Thanks again.

4 Like

Replied 30 August 2011

Super valuable analysis Krishna Ji...

welldone...

1 Like

* Krishna * (CA Student) (6149 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

Thank You Richank Sir. And friends, please don't prepare the resume in a fashionable way and dont include outdated data. I am attaching herewith one article on resume preparation by famous CA, for all your reference. This article has been earlier taken from cci itself. Hope it helps. Most importantly, the career/job objective must be certain, please dont just use the regular lines. And be in regular touch with CA Members Journal. It covers all latest happenings, which are more than enough. It definitely helps you and gives you confidence.

Attached File : 171643 817536 article on interviews by ca rammohan.pdf downloaded: 497 times
3 Like

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 30 August 2011

great suggestion krishna 

ur profile says u are a ipcc student

but the way u have narrated all ur suggestions it seens you are far ahead with the knowledge which ur peers must be having

and thanks for sharing his awsome article .... 

this is really very helpful to all of us who are appearing for interviews now a days

Replied 31 August 2011

Thanks very much friends for liking the post !!!

badri (Bcom(Hons) Mcom CA final group 2)   (119 Points)
Replied 31 August 2011

great share..thank you :)

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 31 August 2011

Useful information to CA qualified student Richank Jiiii

CS Ankur Srivastava (Company Secretary & Compliance Officer)   (17853 Points)
Replied 01 September 2011

Very nice sharing...

Resham (Carpe Diem !!!) (6535 Points)

Originally posted by : Sunil Ahir

Useful Guidelines Richank ji…

Nicely Presented too !

Thank you so much... Will be helpful :)

Vijay (Adamo Studio) (2112 Points)

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

Shashikant (CA) (86 Points)
Replied 02 September 2011

Originally Posted by CA- CWA RAVI KHANAL

and God knows what is the criteria based on which they are selecting mere 150 people out of 3600.......

See Ravi it is not a criteria for selection but i found one thing from this campus programm about selection of candidate. No matter they always selecting the candidate who are 1st Attemnt  or Ranker and also have completed article in Big firm..... But my friend i think you have not selected the criteria which about posting or place of working as " ALL OVER INDIA" 

See i have seen many of my friend which have not shortlisted who are in above criteria. but one of my friend short listed as he passed in more than 2 attempt in CA Final... what is that??..

Keep one things always in mind "select the sea as your choice then you will select out of it up to your choice"  

'if you want to drink water of Cocknut then you have to crack whole Cocknut'

thanks..

Shashikant

Vikash Maheshwari (learner) (6358 Points)
Replied 02 September 2011

ravi and shrikant have posted the reality......and it's scary............life is not so easy even after clearing.....as a matter of fact it gets evn tougher.............dont knw wat the companies want............if u have source.it cud work wonders...and thats the sorry state of our country........

.and abt that 1st attempt criteria......and rankers...i hv a diff view point.....i always beleive that those who clear after so much hardship actually knw the secret of never giving up and after goin thru the material so many tyms their fundamentals are very strong as comapred to others.........rankers tend to move one to greener pastures............dont knw when will the companies look beyond this............

life's tough...............par CA ne hume ek cheez zaroor sikhai hai......never give up....never loose hope,..............thnx for such lovely value additions..keep sharing......

Dharmendra Sharma (Audit Executive) (54 Points)
Replied 04 September 2011

I AM A NEW USER TO THIS SITE, I AM THRILLED THAT ALL ARE SHARING THEIR THOUGH WHICH IS SINE QUA NONE FOR EVERY MASSES IN THIS OBLATE SPHEROID

V Chandrasekaran (Chartered Accountant) (256 Points)
Replied 14 September 2011

I cleared my CA Final (first attempt) and 2 companies shortlisted me. When i went to interview, interview

panel members asked routine question "Tell about Yourself" to all candidates. They noted down special

points like Rank number (if you are rankholder), Any other qualification (CS / CWA - Inter or Final).

Based on above they selected candidates and GD is just a eyewash (They should have told others to

walk out rather than conducting GD)

In GD conduted by another company, group of friends came and they talked among themselves without

giving oppourtunity to others (No professional behaviour and quite irritating as well)

Also they haven't asked any practical question from subjects like IT because those guys did dummy

articleship and got rank manage to get job with High Pay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: