Easy Office
Easy Office

How to make rectification xml file

Page no : 2

Surbhit Jain (4 Points)
Replied 25 December 2021

When I download the XML from the income tax website, make the changes and upload it during the rectification process - I get the following error:

Invalid hash value identified, Modification to ITR details outside Utility is not allowed.

Any clue how to fix this? the only change I am making with the XML is a TAN number of the TDS

jagdish chhugani (engineer) (748 Points)
Replied 25 December 2021

Down load last  ITR  file from filed return   pdf you have 3 files XML, form , receipt. Now down load latest excellent utility from unsigned portal. Try to import  XML on utility if not uploading on excellent then retype all data from ITR form pdf, do copy paste so no mistake take place change data you made mistake, if filled under 139 1 it will compute interest and penalty . If filled under 139 5 may not calculate interest and penalty, if you feel in ITR all ok, submit with reason for rectification in comment box.

If  your XML generated file accepted  then submit . This is off line data cOrrection process.

This will be filled under section 154.

Surbhit Jain (4 Points)
Replied 25 December 2021

Thank you Mr Jagdish,

For example - if I am downloading the XML from the IT website and not making any change to the file (completely untouched) and upload it - it still gives me the same error. Saying "Invalid Hash value"

jagdish chhugani (engineer) (748 Points)
Replied 25 December 2021

I filled 2 cases under 139 5 as  I before filled under 139 5, no issue no interest no penalty

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: