Easy Office
LCI Learning

How to lock a folder without a s/w

Page no : 2

sumit (accountant) (39 Points)
Replied 04 June 2008

Dear Apurva,

Suppose If some one is delete the locker. So what is the next way to keep the locker safety.

Regards

Sumit

Vinod (Assistant Audit Officer)   (1675 Points)
Replied 04 June 2008

Quite a nice cool trick dear.

Thanx

Replied 04 June 2008

As far as I have tried it, I think, it's only a little difficult to get the password hacked / changed.

It increases the vulnerability and reduces its popularity.

Yet, it's a powerful tool. It can't be hacked by novices.

Priyanka Kala (Student CA & CS) (1397 Points)
Replied 04 June 2008

Chirag, Ya it is easy to edit .bat file but no one know except u that .bat is having ur password and even coded bw the vb scriptt code.

Replied 04 June 2008

I am not sure that lock can stop deleting file..It can control attributes of file but cant control the tickets sent to windows.

Replied 05 June 2008

DEAR

I experimented it y'day and found that anyone having simple knowledge of PCs, can change the pw from that file and ruin ur trick.

To save it, just hide the locker file.

Replied 05 June 2008

yes, earlier also i told that password can be changed..in ur surroudings u only know that lock,bat has ur password..so it is in ur hand to manage the file...

Replied 06 June 2008

There's a problem here.

The password supplied, even if incorrect, succeds to open the folder and hence it fails.

Mohit Sureka (CS, final CA) (213 Points)
Replied 06 June 2008

its tedious

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 08 June 2008

great

Replied 11 June 2008

Not a bit tedious.

I suggest u don't keep the locker.bat file instead u keep the text document with u.

whenever u want to use its features, open it and save as anyname.bat

What an Idea?

Yuvraj Kumar (Asst. Manager (IT)) (27 Points)
Replied 11 June 2008

One of the main issue is that the folder gets disappeared but the .bat file still remains intact. So in this case, the user can open the bat file in a text editor and can reveal the password. By this way, the idea of locking a folder gets weak. There is only a way to kick this case is that one should place this .bat file in a removable disk and execute whenever the user want to hide/unhide the folder from the removable device itself. But in some cases, this solution also doesnt seem of working. isnt?

Replied 11 June 2008

Yes, Its true but even if file will be visible. The new user will not be aware that this file will be having the password etc. So can be granted to use. what do u say?

(Guest)

Dear Apurva

Can u let me know how put expiry date to the excell sheet file or macros

as would like to put end date to the format and formula fiven in excell sheet for work

Replied 24 June 2008

Will check and let u know..Until u can refer excel sheet shared in shared files..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: