How To Get Birth & Death Certificate frm GHMC

N.Naveena Maheswara Rao (Assistant manager for accounts)   (1096 Points)

04 August 2009  

Birth Certificate is an important document which is required for various reason and this is one certificate which will be required even when you are adult. Among many reasons, it is required to prove the fact of birth and to establish the date of birth and proof of age which may be required for (i) admission to school; (ii) admission to government, semi-government or private service; (iii) employment in factories and other industries; (iv) recruitment in armed forces; (v) right to vote; (vi) taking and insurance policy; (vii) claiming social security benefit under health schemes; (viii) obtaining driving license/pilot licenses; (ix) claiming right to marry after crossing the minimum marriage age and (x) other purposes where maximum or minimum age limits are prescribed.To prove the place of birth which may be necessary for (i) right to vote in panchayat and local body elections; (ii) domicile (citizenship); (iii) passport.

So here is how you can get the online services of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Authority to apply for birth , it should be noted that a per website of the GHMA , following FAQs should be read

What is the procedure for registration & obtaining Birth and Death certificate ?

The event of birth or death is registered only in the circle/ward of occurrence. In case of events occurring in houses, the head of the family or close relative has to inform local registrar of birth and deaths.

Where can I request a birth or death certificate?

(a) For a birth or death certificate that occurred in their area they can apply in the nearest Ward office.

(b) After 2 years you have to apply at the concern Circle office. 

(c) Individual can apply for birth/death certificate online, if the event was already registered with GHMC records.

If I change my name, or if there are mistakes on my birth/death certificate, how can I make corrections?

Corrections in Birth/Death Certificates can only Expansion of Surnames, spelling mistakes. All the corrections attended, only by the request of the parents and their child only.

The following documents should be produce

(a).Declaration stated should be true and by to gazetted officers(The names of the Gazetted Officers are to be written in CAPITAL) To Download Proforma Click Here

(b)Notary Affidavit on (Rs. 10/- Non-Judicial Stamped Paper).To download Proforma Click Here

(c)All the original certificates of birth/death to be returned.

(d)Documentary evidences like 1. Education Certificates 2. Election ID Card 3. Ration Card 4.Passport or any other registered documents. Documents like Pan card, LIC and Bank can not be taken up.

(e)Consent letter from the concerned Hospital regarding the correction to the effect.

How can I change my child name in records?

NO,The child name can not be changed once registered. Every child is having 15 years (from date of registration ) to register their name by paying simple penalty. Parents are requested to conform before registering the name of the child.

Is there any time limit for change of Name or inclusion of Name? 

Name can not be included after 15 years of birth.

Certificate delivery Through courier services are available in aborad?

No, At present courier services are available only in India that to where ever the courier services are available.

How can i get Certificate where courier services are not available?

Individuals have to pay Rs. 20 per copy in the name of Commissioner GHMC by DD or MO,with self addressed Stamped Cover (size of cover 26 X 22 cm) addressed to Statistical Officer, Vital Statistics, 4th Floor,GHMC Head Office, Tank Bund, Hyderabad -63.

So ready to Search & apply for certificate ?
Click here

The status of Birth Registration Application can be seen from here