How to efile income tax for investments not deducted in TDS

saravanan palanisamy (Software Engineer) (40 Points)

19 April 2009  

Hi,

Sorry for a novice question.  I want to know the income tax e-filing procedure, for the tax saving investment not considered in my TDS.

This is my exact situation. I worked in 2 companies from Apr 2008 to Mar 2009. I am having a housing loan, and this is not fully considered in my TDS given by my both Employers due to some miscommunication.  Can I consider this tax benefit my self while efiling?  Do I need to give any proofs like Bank Statement to IT department while filing the returns?

Usually, I efile income tax returns based on the data readily available from the Form 16 given by my employer.
However, This time my aggregate income from both these employers increased my tax liability and I need to pay some extra tax apart from what is deducted in TDS.

I plan to efile tax for this year in the following way. Please tell me is it right or wrong?

(1.) I can compute my extra tax liability after deducting housing loan (principal, interest) exemption appropriately.  I believe efiling excel sheet will make this job easier. 
(2.) Then, I will pay my unpaid tax through icici online tax payments, and make note of the challan number.
(3.) Finally, I will print the return sheet generated by efiling tool and hand it over to IT department.

Any corrections?

Thanks,
Saravanan