Easy Office
LCI Learning

HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR EXAM PAPER ON TIME

Page no : 2

juhi mehta (Article) (115 Points)
Replied 19 September 2009

hey...thank u so much...ill surely keep dem in mind...

The Harshit Aggarwal (B.Com(H) ,CS Final) (5278 Points)

ur most welcome

(Guest)

Even I agree that attempting 100% paper is helpful along with good presentation. I am not opposing,am just sharing my experience. By attempting entire paper, one can easily manage to score above 40.

Venkat (Completed All Exams of CA ICWA CS MBA(F) M.Sc (Maths) DIEM CIMA(UK) &&& From USA --> CPA CMA CFM CISA CISM PMP AdVanced Certification in SAP-FI/CO *** Working in USA as a Manager with a Big-4 Consulting / Audit Firm)   (141 Points)

Guys, Both the views are correct. Depends on the case. Its easy to score first quick marks in every question. Meaning to say, if you have 16 marks question, even if you do attempt reasonably you can get 6-7 marks easily. But if you are attempting another 16 marks question to make it perfect, you might get, for the same time spent on another question to get 6-7 marks, an increment of 2 marks from 10 to 12...

It totally depends on how comfortable you are on the other questions to make it 100% attempt. If you absolutely do not know certain questions ... you should give only, say 5 mins for 16 marks question and write something (meaningful / reasonable) so that at least you can get 2-3 marks on them (in theory for sure, and in practicle question which you are attempting that you do not know you might get 0-4 marks or so). But the credit of the time on these sort of questions can be better spent on other questions you know for sure (and make them perfect to get that incremental 2 marks).

So, from above, while it is very important to attempt to 100% of maks, there is no point in pondering over and spending major time on questions that you do not know absolutely (still try to spend 5 mins and try to secure 2-3 marks in question that you do not know - write something reasonable). Remember, every mark counts. You will feel so bad to fail the exam at 39 marks in one subject having got aggregate OR fail the exam at 199 missing aggregate at 1 mark (and having passed all other subjects). Every minute counts, every mark counts, every extra question attemped counts, every extra line / word written counts .... and do not scratch any answer beforehand (and leave it just like that.... valuator will worry about that) unless you have satisfactorily written the same answer elsewhere (but do not do such unplanned things unless you have enough time)....

(Guest)

Agree with you slr

BHAGYESH RAVANGE (C.A Job) (1528 Points)

thanks for the sharing

MANIKANDAN (STUDENT) (55 Points)
Replied 20 September 2009

Thanks harsh*t

CA Anurag Garg (Chartered Accountant) (339 Points)

THANX HARSHIT FOR 1ST ADVISE

BUT ITS SUGGESTED ALSO IN THE STUDY MATERIAL THAT "6 AVERAGE ANSWERS FETCH MORE MARKS THAN 5 PERFECT ANSWERS"

BUT 6 ANSWERS SUD BE AVERAGE N NOT BAD

sainath (student) (91 Points)

yaar time constraint is the actual problem i am facing.... i never attempted more than 70 marks in accounts and costing because of time factor..... and i never scored above 48 in both the subjects...  but i never practiced sample papers too....  this time i am planning to practice atleast 5 papers before exam in each, lets see how much difference it will make this time

Jitender Kumar Sultania (CA Student) (132 Points)

thanks

CA Atul Singhal (prop) (450 Points)

I think it's better to attempt 80% of paper perfectly and remaining 20% badly in your spare time if left.

The Harshit Aggarwal (B.Com(H) ,CS Final) (5278 Points)

It is what i use to do........

Jayendra Sahu (Student) (165 Points)

The technique I used during my june 2009 papers for time management may be helpful for students who have extremely bad records in completing their papers in time. I kept a calculator and calculated time for the question at hand before starting at it eg. for a 12 marks question: 12/100*170 min.=20 min. Looking at the clock hands during writing the answer helps overcome the temptation to write not so necessary things and manage time more effectively. In contrast, if we keep a horizon for time planning spanning whole 3 hours assuming that we'll complete the paper nyhow at the end, dude its not so easy. Even if u complete ur paper that way, answers may end up ia fuzzy way nd u may find it difficult with examiner. On the other hand, this short-term approach helps confused ones like me to give equal focus to latter questions as well. Though I must confess that u must adhere to the calculated time limits then!

Prem Kumar (Articled student--Final)   (375 Points)
Replied 24 September 2009

yeah we should do time accounting and write in the sense (which i have not done) i attempted only 75 in accounts and got 51 (failed grp 1 with 5 marks passed all subjects) this time i will write all 100 marks....

Aarush (Delhi) (1566 Points)
Replied 24 September 2009

Agree With Mr Harsh*t Aggarwal, Thanks for sharing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: