Easy Office
LCI Learning

How can I invest in Digital Gold?

Page no : 2

yasaswi gomes (My grammar is 💯 good I)   (7290 Points)
Replied 15 June 2021

THats why I referred the yield curves for analysis purposes. It is a simple philosophy 

Prachi Bansal (3129 Points)
Replied 21 June 2021

that will be available to read on the Internet right?

Replied 21 June 2021

Oh yes. There are different versions about it. When I will call me across that blog,I’ll send pm. https://gocardless.com/guides/posts/what-is-yield-curve-why-need-to-know/

Replied 21 June 2021

This is also a good and informative applicable worldwide

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/06/invertedyieldcurve.asp

Replied 21 June 2021

You were interested in buying bonds recently right, there is one more ratio for that and use, confidence index formula, P/E ratio, expected return on company stock= expected share price+current intrinsic share price-expected dividend/ current share price. 

Adithyan R (Investor) (23 Points)
Replied 21 June 2021

IMO the best way to invest in digital gold is through sovereign gold bonds. On top of the capital appreciation and security, we'll also get 2.5% interest income(taxable) every year, no capital gain tax if you hold it till maturity, zero management fee, and you can even use it as collateral for loans. So I would always go with sovereign gold bond when it comes to gold, preferably bought from secondary market.

Replied 21 June 2021

So many advantages it definitely has from above. The problem is, only Dow Jones has bond confidence index and cfa people follow them from India. How is this possible to know if that is accurate? India has only business and consumer confidence index. But I guess you can calculate this on your own by taking average yield of top ten trading gold bonds divided by top 40 low grade gold bonds. Indian version is different, they take average of ten top quality yield averages and ten low quality yield averages. Divide both of them. That gives the confidence and it is not a big deal to understand because quality bonds are always traded at high yeikds. @ Adithyan R do you have any better decision making philosophies when you make investments? Txs. 

Replied 23 June 2021

Originally posted by : yasaswi gomes
You were interested in buying bonds recently right, there is one more ratio for that and use, confidence index formula, P/E ratio, expected return on company stock= expected share price+current intrinsic share price-expected dividend/ current share price. 

Can you explain this in more detail?

Replied 23 June 2021

They say India has a formula to check investor confidence. 

Let’s say we calculated average yield of 10 AAA rated papers (no option) and 10 A rates papers of 10Y maturity. AAA average yield came in at 8% and A average yield came at 9.5% then confidence index will be calculated as follows:

BCI = (8/9.5)*100 = 84

https://kbsonigara.wordpress.com/tag/barrons-confidence-index-explained-with-example/

Replied 30 June 2021

Oh okay got it. Thanks for the valuable information

Fahad Shakeel (Head) (220 Points)
Replied 26 October 2021

Digital Gold is a digital option to invest in Gold. IIFL Securities is a financial institute that gives you the option of purchasing Digital Gold. IIFL Securities along with Digital Gold India Pvt/ Ltd with its SafeGold brand offers 24karat gold with 99% purity. IIFL Securities allows you to invest in Gold for the starting amount of INR 1. With no upper limit. When you invest in Digital Gold using IIFL Securities. Physical Gold and Store in vaults. To purchase Digital Gold using IIFL Securities app or website, you can enter an amount of Gold in INR or grams. You can then proceed with payment. After payment, your account will reflect the same. You can then sell or take physical delivery of Gold after 48 hours of transaction.

https://www.indiainfoline.com/digitalgold

SMIFS LIMITED (35 Points)
Replied 28 October 2021

If your ultimate objective is to invest in gold then SGB i.e. Sovereign Gold Bond is a much better option. It will also pay interest to you @ 2.5% p.a. and at the end of the tenure you will get back the amount you had invested along with the appreciation in gold prices. The holding period is long though at 8 years but from 5th year onwards you can sell the bond on the exchange without any penalty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: