Replied 14 November 2008

Humm!! They are over now 

Harsh Pasrija (Service) (14 Points)
Replied 14 November 2008

Always keep in mind

Troubles r like washing machine,
They twist, turn & knock us around,
but in the end we come out brighter than before

So best of luck for the results!!!!!!!!!

J SUBRAMANIAM (STUDENT) (20 Points)
Replied 14 November 2008

Can anyone give me MICS question paper?

Bhaskar (BPO) (157 Points)
Replied 14 November 2008

its all about doing ca

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Gayathri. B.A.
"

My performance was worst. b4 exam I was very confident, but I don't know wat went wrong. Inspite of being prepared well I could not do problems related to AS 20 consolidation, & takeover problem. problems were very lenghthy. I won't get more than 30. I m no more interested in attempting other subjects now.

Don't worry, pay attention to other papers,and try to get exemption

"

gaurav (Wanna PlaY) (54 Points)
Replied 14 November 2008

ICAI Wake Up---- Both Accounts paper,CA and MAFA were Easy. But Question is could any one finish the same in 3 hours.

Even CBSE evaluators solve the paper to check if they can be solved in 2:30 hours.

I have always found BCom (H) paper better than CA final exams. Any one can get 60+ in Law , Audit by mugging up.Papers are repeat of last attempts.

No paper except MAFA & costing check the IQ.

MAKE TOUGH PAPERS...We Dont Mind...But Do not Treat us like Clerks who can solve lengthy Questions after mugging up the concepts. (Same views are expreesed by Reviewer on this web site)

Afterall, despit all the limitations, CA is the BEST Course...There is always a scope of improvement

Rajeev saxena (service) (93 Points)
Replied 14 November 2008

Originally posted by :rajeev
"

O

"

Can one tell me how i can prepare for both groups

(Guest)

"ICAI Wake Up---- Both Accounts paper,CA and MAFA were Easy. But Question is could any one finish the same in 3 hours.

Even CBSE evaluators solve the paper to check if they can be solved in 2:30 hours.

I have always found BCom (H) paper better than CA final exams. Any one can get 60+ in Law , Audit by mugging up.Papers are repeat of last attempts.

No paper except MAFA & costing check the IQ.

MAKE TOUGH PAPERS...We Dont Mind...But Do not Treat us like Clerks who can solve lengthy Questions after mugging up the concepts. (Same views are expreesed by Reviewer on this web site)

Afterall, despit all the limitations, CA is the BEST Course...There is always a scope of improvement"

ICAI, what u want to  prove by lowering the level of question papers?

There are people who have alreay spoiled their life by appearing in the examination for 10 years...living frustrated life and have become burden on their family or earning a very little.......

...if ICAI is really want to protect the future of its student, quality of profession and secure good repute in the society, then  instead of spoiling future of innocent student , ICAI can impose control on ENTRY LEVEL ,..like IIM's, Medical, Engineering. instead of harrasing student on EXIT LEVEL (final stage)...i mean to say that once a student has qualified  the entry level, his future should be secure that he will get the degree of CA.You can make toughest of the tough the entrance of CA Examination..only the extraordinary  should be able to qualify it then once he qualifies his future should be secure...there should not be wastage of time like examination in every 6 month...sometimes the journey is so long ...everyone suffers who is closely associated such students...

so please think in this direction.....

Hope many would be agree on this...

Guest (Article Trainee) (0 Points)
Replied 15 November 2008

Well , these are my views on the ca exam which were conducted this november.

I would say that group 1 papers along with a couple of group 2 papers were ok , but then again i am sure all of us are going to get screwed in these papers barring audit and law.

I really dont understand what icai is trying to do DEMORALISE THE MORALE OF THE STUDENTS ???? , well if icai wanted to compete with the iim's let them take a couple of lessons from them .

(1) Make papers which are solveable in 3 hours

(2) Give a review time of 10 minutes before the exam

(3) Give questions which are manageable , JUST BECAUSE ICAI IS THE MAIN BOSS DOES NOT MEAN IT CAN GIVE US TOUGH QUESTIONS AND ALSO THE OPTION OF CHOOSING BETWEEN THEM.

(4) Understand THE VERY FACT THAT ANY STUDENT PUTS IN ALMOST 6 YEARS INTO THIS COURSE , DONT PLAY WITH THE STUDENTS LIVES  ,

(5) REALISE THE FACT THAT EVEN IF THERE IS A SLUMP IN THE JOB MARKET DONT REGULATE THE DAMN PASS PERCENTAGE , JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT HIGH SALARIES ON YOUR CAMPUS PLACEMENTS STATS . MOST OF THE STUDENTS STILL HAVE A YEAR TO GO SO DO WHAT IS APT

(6) LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST , THERE ARE STORIES THAT Mr Ved Jain 's daughter who was a ranker in Pe-2 is giving her final next may 2009 , this one day was an eye wash so that the same could be implemented and there is no controversy , people who will repeat , dont be surprised if you get easy papers next time.

THANKS A LOT ICAI FOR GIVING THE STUDENTS 2 MONTHS TILL RESULT TIME TO WORRY , AND HAVE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS.

BECAUSE DEFINETELY FOR NOW , ICAI IS GOING TO MAKE US LOOK LIKE DUMB BABOONS BECAUSE EACH AND EVERY PERSON RIGHT FROM THE PRINCIPAL PARTNER AND OUR PARENTS 
( AND I DEFINETELY DO NOT BLAME THEM ) ARE GOING TO WONDER WHY WE CANNOT PASS INSPITE OF A DAYS BREAK . AND I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC OF MAKING NEW SYLLABUS PAPERS EASIER THAN THE OLD ONE.

Keshav Kumar (Student) (54 Points)
Replied 15 November 2008

i m waiting for my pcc result.

friends i m very frustrated.......

daVe.. (Student) (1431 Points)
Replied 15 November 2008

Originally posted by :Keshav
" i m waiting for my pcc result.

friends i m very frustrated.......
"

neva get frustrated. You will get through!

daVe.. (Student) (1431 Points)
Replied 15 November 2008

Originally posted by :Dave
"  The results of this PCC exam will unwind the true colour of the simplified entry scheme, CPT of ICAI.

Let us keep our fingers crossed & wait for the results!
"

CA Trinath Galla (student) (3130 Points)
Replied 15 November 2008

Originally posted by :Guest
" Can anyone give me MICS question paper? "

go to share files

u can get it der directly

Manish (Not applicable) (23 Points)
Replied 15 November 2008

Originally posted by :Aisha
" How are Nov 2008 Exams goin?? Lets Discuss here !!!

"

I was not impressed with the questions set by the institute. I believe that the institute should learn from other professional institutes like ACCA ,CIMA, CFA etc for putting extra effort in designing the world class problems. I also believe that institute lacks professionals who can really take institute to next level. The materials provided by the institute are not sophisticated to provide examinees a perfect edge over other professionals coming out of the other institutes I mentioned above. In the world of cut throat competition, institute's efforts to make the course more practical is far behind and absolete. I request institute to take advise from other well-renowned institutes and reconstruct itself in order to survive in the market. I am worried about institutes future when I look at mine too.

ChandraShekhar Pandey (CA Student) (126 Points)
Replied 15 November 2008

Dear friends, Never lose hope....Remember the dedication with which you joined this course, remember the boldness with which you took the decision to write the toughest ever exam, dont forget the hours you spend on study. Always expect a good result. Always be positive. If one exam was tough, look forward to make all the other exams score to compensate for this.

Some quotes to encourage u:

When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

Success doesn't come to you... you go to it.

A winner is one who accepts his failures and mistakes, picks up the pieces, and continues striving to reach his goals.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, nor a lack of knowledge, but rather its a lack of will

Good Luck on all the coming exams......Go Ahead, and tackle them with courage......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: