Help regarding my e-filing for assesment year 08-09

vishnu (SWE) (30 Points)

02 April 2009  

Dear forum members,

I have been ignorant with filing my IT returns for assesment year 08-09. I have been filing my returns since 2005 without fail. Last year i had to leave to abroad for the first time on urgent basis and i had to file the returns before i leave. So I approached a CA for the first time (since i have incurred a substantial loss in equities i want to declare  the loss ).My IT returns were e-filed and with in 2 days i left INDIA on my job purpose. But i was not aware that i have to submit the acknowledgment  to the IT department. My problem had been worsened when i came to know only yesterday that i cant re file the returns after March 31st.If i file the returns after Marh 31st. i cant claim my sec-80 c benefits or i cant  declare my loss.(My company had already deducted tax from my salary. so i jhave paid all the tax) Currently I am stuck with not knowing what to do . i would appreciate any help regarding this problem or any assistance. My juridiction comes under chennai and my returns were e filed on jul 12 2008. 

Thanks and Regards,

Vishnu Kopparapu.