EASYOFFICE

Help me ( gender discrimination in ca course?????????)

Page no : 2

pallav (still a learner....) (938 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

hey shreya... don't take tension of these things... just concentrate on ur studies.. u r a 21st century girl yaar

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh))   (4128 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

@ shreya- yeah i feel that discrimination avbl but only in certain sectors like mfg, real estate, infra, constructons  but if u choose banking, finance, info. tecnology field for than you won't find  much discrimination....

CA Anushree jain (CA) (1531 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

there nothing such gender discrimination

CA is all about your skill and a safe field so go for it..

1 Like

alpa (chartered accountant) (14 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

i am a senior in the profession having been here for almost 30 years now.

i agree for sure that there is gender discrimination with bias towards females; not necessarily in all areas of function though.

that is a pan india problem more of a social and psycological nature.

you will always have to take an extra step; but i guess that is applicable in all fields not only CA's

and you will have to ensure that you don't end up managing only the back office or you always will have to play second fiddle otherwise

CA alpa christie

1 Like

Ritesh Jain (CA, CS in Job) (675 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

@ alpa..

u being such a senior member obviously have a great experience on this but i feel the discrimination that u r talking about u is not actally a discrimination, it is only priorty given in specific sectors like..working in site offices, mining areas or job which involves lot of travelling etc.. in these sectors the recruiting company gives priority to male candidate considering the toughness that has to be borne...or u say female candidates are not sought for job which is not comfortable as compared to other sector...SO it cannot be termed as discrimination rather it could be said as choice of company...

2 Like

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

Originally posted by : Anushree

there nothing such gender discrimination

CA is all about your skill and a safe field so go for it..

I just wanna say ...

My school frn varsha , she also used to think like this.

and now m n my frn prynka  are both doing CA

so now she thinks and call herself stupid  y she used to afraid like this ....

tht this proffession is not for girls

shibu (Accountant) (325 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

practice makes perfect. no discrimination

CA. NARAYAN BHANDARI (Manager-Accounts) (57 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

Gender discrimination exists everywhere depending upon the nature of profession.

As far as Chartered Accountancy is concerned, I have seen ladies doing great and reaching top  most levels in their CA careers. It is upto you how you go ahead. 

Chartered Accountancy calls for smart and hard work throughout your career. If you can prove you are one of those, then you wont face any such issue.

CASourav Agarwal (CA & CS ) (235 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

hiiiiiii,

ur question is absolutely rubbish...n please 4 godsake ...review ur frn circle....see whom u get in touch with...this is pshycotic 2 think there is gender discrimination in CA...infact girls r better treated than boys...many grls who r not rank  holders have bagged lucrative deals..two examples for u....one girl ca bagged offer from Delloitte Hydrabad and other bagged offer from TCS kolkata....so dont worry!

Saurabh Gattani (CA) (122 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

There is no discrimination in CA against girls rather d vice versa is possible.......

AMITA KOCHER (ASSISTANT MANAGER - FINANCE)   (282 Points)
Replied 12 July 2012

Its not gender that matters but its self confidence and experience that matters...........

And in 21st century ,its a stupidity to talk about girl boy discrimination .......

GROW UP GUYS!!!!!!!!

Bhaavna (Queen ) (1933 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

NO GENDER DESCRIMINATION IN ANY PROFFESSION IN 21ST CENTURY, THE ONLY THING IS SECURITY THAT  COMES FROM HEALTHY ENVIRONMENT WHEREEVER IT MAY BE..

But I too Accept with Alpha that still girls in some cases, there discrimination that is in the heart of men who wanna still dominate

Rahul Sharma (----------) (8192 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

No Gender Discrimination

(Guest)

if u r really passionate to b CA then these small issues shud not come to ur mind.........first make up your mind dear, r u really passionate to b CA .............u really want to b CA....................

Pulkit Sharma (CA Practice) (458 Points)
Replied 13 July 2012

Does CA COURSE discriminates, you would have got your answer by the comments. Were you boy, there would have been no comments. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: