Help me company not recruiting senior staff

Ravishankar K (Accountant) (461 Points)

23 November 2013  

i am working as a Clerk in an Organisation in Accounts Section but handling all the accounts work of the section including TDS , Service Tax in small organisation. I have numerous times requested to Management to put up more senior staff to look after the accounts in a systematic manner and to look after the statutory laws and compliance but the management has always rejected my plea and i am forced to do all the accounts work including budget and annual action plan. I dont have any objection to learning new things but there are some things above my capacity due to my education and experience. During internal audits these objections / notes are brought by auditors wherein they mention the non compliance of a rule, which is then complied with , but some rules are too hard to be understood by me and complied with still management inspite of audit objection is not taking any efforts to put up a senior competent staff who can do work and guide me. In such case tomorrow if any major violation is found by Auditor can the company held me responsible for the loss, if they do make me responsible for penalty slapped by the statutory authorities, can i plead innocent by ignorance of law, because if my mental state is so advanced so as to understand these laws i would be the level of officer earning around 60-70K and not a clerk, but the management is not ready to listen to me and says you have to do it and it is not a big job, simple job, etc like that. Also there is no written rulebook that a clerk needs to have some x % of knowledge of the statutory rules or clauses.

I am tired of arguing with the management.
They are not ready to put new staff nor take the services of CA on part time basis so that the accounts are maintained properly as per statutory guidelines.