Easy Office
LCI Learning

Guys still searching for job after passing ca final

Page no : 2

Haran (Practice) (382 Points)
Replied 14 September 2012

hi,iam sorry for the hard words iam going to use,but iam sure it will boost you all up,why don't you let your ego go and start your own practice,if you network well and meet people,friends and relatives,still you could have got many tax filings,revised schedule works etc,also many good ca firms outsource their works,least just meet your old principal where you did your articles(if did so),and get some help from them or clients where you did audits,not solitication,but an informal chat where you can ask for any job openings,take classes if you have good communication skills and knowledge on subject to atleast cpt students or ipcc students,or attend some conference of icai and improve your cpe hours and also you can improve your network,and many more such avenues...least you can do some computer course to brush up the knowledge or corporate training programme to improve your personality,but iam sure you all will just sit idle and start blaming the institute or others to supress your fault like typical Indians and now you will get more work to write bad about me in this forum and if it gives happiness to you so be it,jobs don't come to you,you have to go for it,stop the negative attitude and try to be positive in life,my suggestion attend personality developement classes at nominal rates in swami vivekananda institute of human excellence and see the difference in you.

all the best.

CA Ratheesh Senthilvel (Statutory Audit Internal Audit Project Audit)   (21 Points)

Hi Guys , 

Dont worry the job market is down at the moment ....it is expected to recover soon , rather u guys try in some good chartered accountants firm and gain knowledge even if the pay package is bit less,,,, ur package vl increase later on.........KNOWLEDGE is the biggest security try and aquire it

Ganeshbabu K (Audit and Tax Advisory) (48564 Points)

better join in some ca firm,and do job search

Ramesh (Tester) (28 Points)

Check https://knowhisjob.com/ to know what kind of work chartered accountants do in various companies.

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)

As far as finding jobs on job sites is concerned, merely creating a profile on them will not help you out. Its better to identify and register yourself with some job consultants (ABC Consultants, teamlease, global hunt etc to name a few) nd there are others as well, different in different cities. And it is equally important to be instrumental in your presentation to the prospective employer and the resume plays the most imortant role ,so it has to be professionally crafted. But the most important thing is selecting the alternate field of job if one is not getting an opportunity in the desired sector.

There is obviously some doom and gloom surrounding the job market owing to the global and domestic scenarios prevailing, but this is only a short term phenomenon and the long term picture is equally bright and positive.

I wish all the best to all for their careers.

Shridhar Shah (Chartered Accountant in Practice)   (172 Points)

I do agree with Neeraj.

Also would like to share some experience of mine.

I had worked with a US MNC in IT industry. I passed out in Jan 11 attempt & I got job in Aug 11 (Thanks to my then post qualification work @ an FMCG MNC as consultant). After 11 months of working, I found my job tedious. I had no work pressure but my job was limited to a function [I was awared & rewareded for my work in that period! I was drawing handsome salary for a fresher & that too when I became CA on 3rd attempt - it was not campus placement]. My collegues who were also CA were also doing same thing. Almost non challanging. I left the job & started my practice because I realised that being in industry, my knowledge has been 'stale'. After starting, I have to learn service tax - which is new & other acts too, also concentrate on finding work.

When I was doing my articleship, I had decided that I won't start my practice. But when I seen work level & reality + politics, I thought practice is good option, though it wont start giving juicy fruits from very first month.

My advise to you guys: Wait for good job go and give interviews, till than start consulting to small business or work several part times so that you wont be bored sitting home. Also you can join CA firm for limited time. & ya please ensure that you are in proper terms about pay, time & work. Job market is li'l bit tight so use your parents / relatives contacts to go for job. It helps. For rest ALL THE BEST.

Ashish Kukreja (CA Final Student) (587 Points)

Hi friends..After watching my seniors talking about no job for CA freshers,,i started searching job before giving my CA final attempt in May12..i put my resume in job sites,went to MNCs but no use..The only thing that helps you nowadays to get a call for an interview is REFERENCE..My friends and relatives referred me and today i went for an interview in HSBC,Gurgaon..

Regards

Ashish Kukreja

CA Manish Chandak (Consultancy) (43 Points)

Hi all, I think the problem lies in the expectation of the newly qualified CAs.I am a CA qualiified in 2007 n well settled in my job,so its quite easy for me to say this.But I still feel that u people shud grab whatever reasonable comes ur way n then work hard to shape ur career ahead in ur own manner.Eventually ur value will increase manifold as u gain experience.This is my personal learning.Actuallly every freas CA has a particular figure in his mind as a joining salary,but in this age of competition its nt easy to get dat.so guys tweak ur expectations a bit n march forward. All the best.cheers

Budding Professional (B.Com, CA & CS FINAL) (1686 Points)

It is important not to get discouraged if one does not gets a job in campus placements, off campus also provides equal opportunities. And I feel that companies are really reluctant to hire in campus as they have the talent pool available in the market, so it does not make sense for them to incur costs in the form of hefty fees in  campus programs and make the hirings within 2-3 days. The reason is that they can have bigger talent pool to analyse and judge to fit in their organisations..

So,the opportunity will come with time, it important to stay focussed and dedicated towards the objectives.

In my opinion, "Its better to remain unemployed for a few months than to remain underemployed for years"

Balaji Sarangarajan (MBA & (CA Final)) (1131 Points)

Hi shwetha

I accept that practice is not easy. But practice makes every one perfect.

Start with a small small assignments, talk to your seniors who are in practice and try to get some assignments. Go for some audit firm till you get a job. You can also seek reference to your auditor where you did your articles.

In the market even though we have lots of job sites they are not that much useful to the finance since most of the finance and accounts jobs are recruited through known sources or through references only.

Very rarely only some people are getting appointment through jobsites.

In stead of sitting ideal in the home if you do some assignments or work with a audit firm you may get some exposure  or you can learn new things.

As for as the practice is concerned it is difficult in the beginning, but you will learn things and do the things better.

Choose an area like Tax or consulting or IT audit or risk management and become expert (becoming expert is not that much easy as I am writing here, you need to practice regularly and update your knowledge regularly) you will definitely get a lot in practice. Don't loose hope.

All the very best to all the Qualified CA's.

Regards,

Balaji S.

manish balani (CA) (36 Points)
Replied 15 September 2012

Its really Funny to see this that May2012 Passed outs want jobs

Arey i am May 2011 Passed out and Still searching fr a job.

So u know Market Situation kyaa hai ???????/ see my condition

1 Like

CA James Pereira (AUDIT & TAX) (24 Points)

REFERENCE REFERENCE & REFERENCE is what works these days to get a JOB.. so work in a cartel wid ur frds who hav got a job.... forward thm ur resume.. but also keep doing some work so tht u dnt et bored sitting at home... ALL THE BEST..

1 Like

HARI KRISHNA (B.COM ACA CMA) (412 Points)

first we have to join any where

venkatesh (learner) (116 Points)

If any one tell which is best job searching site except Naukri/Monster.....?

(Guest)

Hi friends,

I was qualified in Nov 2011 and I got my membership 1month before. But still I am looking for job. So temporarily I joined in a Audit Firm to get some work experience. My suggestion is you join in some audit firm meanwhile you upload your resume at various job websites like naukri, monster, shine, times jobs, linkedin etc to name a few. All the best friends.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: