Easy Office
LCI Learning

GST on stock transfers to branches

Page no : 2

T L RAVINDRA BHATT (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (23 Points)
Replied 10 June 2017

As per the GST provisions, supply made to each distict person is taxable unless it is an exempted supply of goods and / or services.   For Branches inside a state one can have cetralised registration by declaring branch addresses in the registration certificate. In that case one can transfer goods to and from branches inside the state by using E ways only and no need to raise tax invoice for such transfers

However in the case wherein separate registration is sought and in the case of interstate transfer ( any way separate registration would be there for each states of location), supplies made to / from each branches is taxable.  Output tax and input tax would be dealt accordingly

joydeep (partner) (40 Points)
Replied 10 June 2017

Thanks for the Answer.

Is computerised billing must under GST ?

As I have a turnover of Rs 20 lac for my H.O and Rs 45 lac above in my Branch Showroom , so I usually do manual billing,  though my final account are done under tally

Replied 10 June 2017

SIR,

YOUR ANSWER REGARDING EWAY BILL FOR BRANCH TRANSFER WITHIN SAME STATE  DIFFERS FROM THE ANSWER GIVEN BY CA NEHA AND CA SUNIL SHARMA . AS THEY SAY THAT ONLY CHALLEN OR ISSUE VOUCHER WILL DO. PLEASE CLARIFY AND OBLIGE.

THANKS

CA NEHA RAMPURIA (Taxation Consultant) (1823 Points)
Replied 10 June 2017

Computerised billing is not must. But would bring your work to ease. If you would be having no. Of products, manual biling not possible coz u need to mention hsn code for each product . Also if you maintain proper software ..compliance for filing would be at an ease
1 Like

Replied 11 June 2017

DO I HAVE TO USE THE HSN CODE FOR GOODS IN MY INVOICE BILL AND ISSUE/ RECEIVE VOUCHER FOR SALE TO CUSTOMER AND BRANCH TRANSFER WITHIN THE STATE  ?

Sunil Sharma (CMA & CS) (584 Points)
Replied 11 June 2017

Taxpayers whose turnover is less than Rs.1.5 Crores then not required and in case above Rs. 1.5 crores but below Rs. 5 crores shall use 2 digit code;
– Taxpayers whose turnover is Rs. 5 crores and above shall use 4 digit code;and
– Taxpayers whose turnover is below Rs. 1.5 crores are not required to mention HSN Code in their invoices.

Services will be required to be classified per the Services Accounting Code.
1 Like

Rajasekaran (CMA) (2 Points)
Replied 11 June 2017

If stock transfer is from one state to another state, then its treated as supply and GST is applicable on it. If stock transfer is within state i.e. factory (Tamil nadu) to company sales office (Tamil nadu) / export godown (Tamil nadu)....then its not treated as supply hence will not attract GST.

Replied 11 June 2017

SERVICE ACCOUNTING CODE MEANS ?  SIR , I AM ACTUALLY A JEWELLER WITH TURNOVER LESS THAN 1.5 CRORE AND  I MANUFACTURE GOLD ORNAMENTS BY JOB WORKERS ( MOSTLY UNREGISTERD) AND SELL THEM IN MY SHOWROOM BRANCH AND H.O IN W.B ( WITH SINGLE PROVISIONAL GST REGISTRATION ).

SO FAR I UNDERSTOOD , MY INVOICE TO THE CUSTOMERS WILL BE AS FOLLOWS :

I pc NECKLACE  10 GMS @ RS 2800/ GM       ----------     RS  28000

3% GST  ON RS 28000    ----------------------------------                Rs   840

TOTAL GOLD VALUE          ------------------                                               RS 28840            

labour Charge RS 300 / gm ---------------------- -Rs  3000

GST 18% ON Labour Charge     ----------------- Rs   540  

Total Making/ labour Charge     .................                                            Rs  3540          

Total                                                    ---------------------                         Rs 32380/-

GST Rs (840+540) = Rs 1380/- ( Output )

GST PAYABLE TO GOVT . : OUTPUT GST - INPUT GST

Replied 11 June 2017

gst on labour charge for gems and jewelry is 5%

S.VENUGOPALAKRISHNAN (General Manager Finance)   (25 Points)
Replied 13 June 2017

i asset is moved for project within tamilnadu and other states  on project basis.  We dont have registertation in other states.  What are the documents to prepare for movement of goods

Replied 15 June 2017

I have applied for GST Migration, now can I  add a additational  place of business within same state

Replied 16 June 2017

A ) Is my provisional GST ID will  be the same or it is going to change as I need to print it on my mannul Invoice Voucher ( which may be needed incase of emergency or software breakdown )

B) As I am a retail jeweller my invoice  from B to C will consist of both goods  (GOLD) and services (Making Charges) with 3% GST on Gold and 5% GST on Making Charges respectively. Please suggest how far it is correct  or a compact GST be charged that is 3% GST on total value the jewellery.

C) On issue of Invoice from B to C , if place of supply is my home state but the customer is a resident of other state will it be IGST @ 5% on gold or 3% (i.e.SGST @  1.5% andCGST @ 1.5% ). Please suggest 

Replied 16 June 2017

Yes I guess it would be same. 3% gst +5%job work charges . As shown by you above. If customers buys from you in your home state then it would be CGST +SGST. Coz you won't be knowing which customer is from ur state and who is not. Also as per place of suppLy it would be your state 

Replied 18 June 2017

Please certitify if the procedure is ok under GST .

Purchse of old Gold / Debit Memo

Assorted Old Gold (22K)  10 gms @ 2500  ---Rs 25000

GST (3%on Gold Value)                            ---Rs    750

Total                                                      ---- Rs 24250

CGST (1.5%) = Rs 375 & SGST (1.5%) = Rs 375 ( for inter state supply)

Customer gets Rs 24,250 payment for the sale by cheque.

GST of Rs 750 will be my input credit for gold purchase .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: