Easy Office
Easy Office

Gross injustice to PE-2 students

Page no : 2

Lavit (CA Final Student) (59 Points)
Replied 17 December 2007

Dear Rajan, Permission of full time course with articleship I have one more question for you all that new cpt students are allowed to do full time B Com or graduation course with articleship where as old students are even not allowed to do the part time course with out taking permission of ICAI. This is injustice with old studnets. How they can allow new cpt article to do articleship with full time graduation. Schedule of new CPT article If u consider the time limit of these cpt student u will find that they have to regular go college for classes about 4 hrs (Morning 7:30 to 11:30 ), 2 hrs of graduation tutions (11:30 to 13:30), lunch break (13:30 to 15:00) and in evening PCC classes from (18:00 to 20:30). So, they can do only 3 hrs articleship in a day and they have to take 15 day leave after every three months for graduation term and final exams. So my dear friends what u think that are the cpt articles are capable of doing too much activities in a day and do 7 hrs daily articlesship as per ICAI guidlines for 3 and 1/2 years.

Irshad (Article) (1426 Points)
Replied 18 December 2007

Even I am with you Mr.Rajan.I hope the ICAI President takes a note of this and do the needful.

gargi (Chartered Accountant) (152 Points)
Replied 18 December 2007

hi!!!
i think , PE-2 students after clearing PE-2 should be made eligible to appear in the next final exams onwards. Whether to appear in the next final exam or not should be ultimately the decision of the individual student. if he is able to complete the syllabus in six months or one year, then he should be allowed to appear for the final exams. in this case two things will happen. if the student clears the final exam in its entirety before completion of the articleship then he/she will have to wait till the articleship is completed to enter into industry or practice though qualified as a CA. or if he/she is not able to clear in one attempt then atleast at the end of 3.5 years of articleship he/she will definitely become CA. and will be ready to enter the professional world.
the term of articleship of 3 years is more than enough, so 3.5 years under new course is ok for CPT students but not for PE 2 students.
i hope ICAI considers ur view point and does the favourable.

Krish (CA Final Student) (43 Points)
Replied 18 December 2007

I agree that we, the PE II students have been given a raw deal by our Institute, its totally unfair that we end up losing more time than the CPT students, BUT its also true that we are relatively better off than these guys, coz atleast there is as certainty of a good future, even if we are not able to pass CA final. but the same cannot be said of the CPT students, i guess if they are not able to keep up with the difficulty of the CA course they'll end up with nothing at the end of 3 and half years of articleship.Those who mangage to pass the PCC and Final in lower attempts will have it really good, but for the vast majority its gonna be very difficult.

(Guest)
Hey thanks for bringing this topic. i do agree with u Rajan

Irshad (Article) (1426 Points)
Replied 27 December 2007

I hope the ICAI does something in this regard at the earliest

(Guest)

Dear friend,

Please clarify my queries.

1. what is the last attempt for PEII exam.

2. what is the fees to change PEII to PCC

Best Regards

B.Veerasekar

gargi (Chartered Accountant) (152 Points)
Replied 08 July 2008

hi!!!

the last attempt of PE - II exam is in May - 2009.

regarding the fees to transit from PE -II to PCC , u can go through our institues site www.icai.org

Thanks.

SAKSHI GUPTA (student) (67 Points)
Replied 03 March 2009

BEING A PE2 STUDENT MY SELF I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.....

I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN 4 PE2 ATTEMPTS BUT HAVE FAILED TO CLEAR MY GROUP 1 (I CLEARED GRP 2 IN NOV.2008), DUE TO THIS I'M REALLY DEPRESSED N SINCE I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABT DOING ANY OTHER POST GRADUATION COURSE I FEEL COMPLETELY HELPLESS AS TO WHAT TO DO IF I CAN'T CLEAR PE2 EVEN THIS JUNE 2009 ATTEMPT.

Rajan Gupta (C.A. final student) (277 Points)
Replied 05 March 2009

Originally posted by :SAKSHI GUPTA
" BEING A PE2 STUDENT MY SELF I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.....
I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN 4 PE2 ATTEMPTS BUT HAVE FAILED TO CLEAR MY GROUP 1 (I CLEARED GRP 2 IN NOV.2008), DUE TO THIS I'M REALLY DEPRESSED N SINCE I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABT DOING ANY OTHER POST GRADUATION COURSE I FEEL COMPLETELY HELPLESS AS TO WHAT TO DO IF I CAN'T CLEAR PE2 EVEN THIS JUNE 2009 ATTEMPT.
"

Dear Sakshi,

You must not lose heart..... You'll make it this time.  After this attempt all Pe-2 students will b converted to PCC. But my advice is that you must join CS or any other course.

Rajan Gupta (C.A. final student) (277 Points)
Replied 05 March 2009

( I mean in addition to CA course. It will bridge the time gap that you have had....)

KoolCapricorn (Student) (600 Points)
Replied 05 March 2009

sakshi be brave

SAKSHI GUPTA (student) (67 Points)
Replied 05 March 2009

i have joined CS executive programme but my eperience in CA so far scares me to death to go for another course like that.....its like i'm stuck...this time i want it to be a sure shot attempt but u can't say anything abt the examiners mentality plus i can't figure out my mistakes......i got 53 in acc but i was sure that i would get atleast 62 based on d 4 questions i got completely right....so wat more should i do this time to be sure that i get above 60 in all 3 subjects????

finch (student) (42 Points)
Replied 20 March 2009

there is gross injustice esp while applying for articleship....... as has been pointed out pe2 students r being treated at par with cpt guys which is absolutely unfair

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: