Easy Office
Easy Office

Good news - no taxable services for nov 2012

Page no : 2

CA CWA CS MBAYashoda Meenawala (DGM ( Fin )with a BIG MNC)   (130 Points)
Replied 08 September 2012

Ha ha Ha Uditji, It seems you are making the proper use of the Time which ICAI has saved for you people. by Slashing of Sylbs of Appx 150 pages

CA CWA CS MBAYashoda Meenawala (DGM ( Fin )with a BIG MNC)   (130 Points)

CA RAKESH TALWAR
Senior Partner

[ Scorecard : 35]

Thank User

Send PM
Posted 35 minutes ago Quote

I came to know through some forum that there is a class in Mumbai which is conducting Revision Lectures on Full service tax & VAT theory on saturdays & sundays in the coming two weeks at very subsidised rates i.e Rs.750 (inclusive of DVDs & Notes which will cover full concepts through video lectures). They are also providing only their DVDs at a nominal cost of Rs.500.

This info may be helpful for students as there are some changes in IPCC/PCC service tax and there will be no taxable services, so core theory concepts will be asked more in the coming exam.

I have also collected their contact numbers: 8976009343 / 8983666651

THANKS CA RAKESH TALWAR JI FOR SHARING SUCH NICE INFM AS NOW THE THEORITICAL PART WILL BECOME MORE INTENSE FOR EXAM PURPOSE & SHALL NEED INDEPTH STUDIES. ALSO THERE CAN BE VERY DIFFERENT VARIETIES OF QUESTIONS FROM THE REVISED SYLBS SO STUDENTS MAY BENIFIT BY SPENDING SMALL AMT & GETTING A REFRESHER REVSN. SIR IT WOULD BE NICE OF YOU IF YOU CAN TELL THE STUDS WHERE IN MUMBAI THIS IS LOCATED & FEES ARE FOR DVD & NOTES OR FACE - FACE REVISION COACHING ALSO INCLUDED.

siva thunder (article student) (253 Points)

dill kush yar

neha vats (ca final) (76 Points)

I M little bit confuse in it.blush

We have to leave 32 servives only or rest we have to do.

like valuation, asseesment, procedure etc.

Anshul (CA) (98 Points)

Please also tell whether Decision tree topic in FM(Capital expenditure decions) is still applicable for ca final exams or not?Because some colleagues have told me that now it is deleted from syllabus.Whether its true or not

Udit Gupta (CA Final Student) (352 Points)

Neha, only the taxable services portion is removed and there is no other change.

Anshul, nothing is removed from Capital Budgeting.

Future CA (Article) (137 Points)
Replied 09 September 2012

If Only Taxable Service is removed then Case Law from that is applicable for Nov 12 Exam?

There is some concepts like Money Changing Rules, Work Contract Service that's part of Services & also part of general topics... then is it applicable?

& If Practical problem is asked then answer just should be based on General Charge & valuation & procedure & not applicable for specific Abatement & Rate Applicable in Individual service?

Please reply as to so many confusion about that.... 

I have already started to read Services... but i come to know about this today... so i can save my time & use at other topics..

C.A SUVAJIT SAHU (CA ( In Practice )) (708 Points)

I think there is a definite reason behind removing 32 services from the syllabus.

The reason may be Overburden of case laws.

last time there was 32 DT & 22 IDT case laws applicable for the exam(may 2012). but this time it is increased to 86 DT & 63 IDT case laws.

I think ICAI is trying to compensate for the overburden of CASE LAWS .

They might cover some extra marks on CASE LAWS and CASE LAWS relating to service tax are most important.

so, friends be prepared for the CASE LAWS in NOV2012 exam

Rahul Anand Arora (Chartered Accountant) (329 Points)

Guys try to understand the reason why ICAI did this, you'll urself get the solution for your queries.

Since in Budget 2012, Service Tax has undergone a big change by the entry of Negative List of Services. 

Earliar around 119 services were taxable, out of which 32 were required for CA FINAL - IDT Syllabus. But now since the 119 service tax list is gone & Negative list has come from this budget, there is no practical utility of studying those 32 services bcoz now Negative List applies but since ICAI bring current year Budget amendments applicable for CA Exams from next year May Exams.

So Negative List will come for May 2013 onwards but since there is no practical purpose of studying those 32 services, they have decided to exclude that for Nov 2012 attempt.

Replied 10 September 2012

Ya Rahul You Are absolutely right...

Rahi (-) (21 Points)

The Chapter 4 Gamut of taxable services contains various circulars/notifications which grant abatements in respect of various services..

Apart from the above, there are various clarificatory circulars also

Though the new service tax law prescribes negative list of services:

My Query - Are these circulars/notifications (which stil hold good inspite of having the new scheme of taxation introduced) in respect of the 32 services applicable for the November 12 exam?

AND to what extent is this chapter not not applicable? - Is it to be ignored from all the ICAI's publications (Supplementary Study Material, Case laws book, etc)?

URGENT REPLY AWAITED.

Thx

Rahi (-) (21 Points)

The Chapter 4 Gamut of taxable services contains various circulars/notifications which grant abatements in respect of various services..

Apart from the above, there are various clarificatory circulars also

Though the new service tax law prescribes negative list of services:

My Query - Are these circulars/notifications (which stil hold good inspite of having the new scheme of taxation introduced) in respect of the 32 services applicable for the November 12 exam?

AND to what extent is this chapter not not applicable? - Is it to be ignored from all the ICAI's publications (Supplementary Study Material, Case laws book, etc)?

URGENT REPLY AWAITED.

Thx

madhu (CA FINAL) (190 Points)
Replied 11 September 2012

Originally posted by : CA RAKESH TALWAR

I came to know through some forum that there is a class in Mumbai which is conducting Revision Lectures on Full service tax & VAT theory on saturdays & sundays in the coming two weeks at very subsidised rates i.e Rs.750 (inclusive of DVDs & Notes which will cover full concepts through video lectures). They are also providing only their DVDs at a nominal cost of Rs.500.

This info may be helpful for students as there are some changes in IPCC/PCC service tax and there will be no taxable services, so core theory concepts will be asked more in the coming exam.

I have also collected their contact numbers: 8976009343 / 8983666651

sir can u please tell whether these classes meant for CA Final students also. And how can we get these DVD's if we don't want to attend classes bcoz i don't live in mumbai 

ramesh (Accountant) (261 Points)
Replied 11 September 2012

what is that negative list?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro