Easy Office
Easy Office

Good books for cracking the CA in first attempt....

Page no : 4

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 09 February 2010

I Agree With Rakkecha Sir..........

My Meaning Was That A Passed Student Recently Can Tell U in More Better Way Than a Past Year Qualified Student.

Ravi Hav Taken This in Different Direction.not agree with him.........

CA Sudhir Maheshwari (CA) (270 Points)
Replied 09 February 2010

6.      Do you know what is the future strategy of the Institute ?

For Point No. 6,  I don’t want to discuss here because students are Genius enough to predict...

Dats Y I JOIN CA.....Future of CA's can be assess by this figure...

There r Appox 160000 CA's till date n Around 200000 Students registered with ICAI.. 

Amit Kumar Singh (Article) (22 Points)
Replied 09 February 2010

Dear sir,

can u plz  suggest a good book for ca final advanced management accounting (new)through which i can prepare well based on self study.i need a book where problems have been solved with proper explanations.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND MY NEED AND REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT) (28544 Points)
Replied 09 February 2010

Originally posted by : Amit Kumar Singh

Dear sir,

can u plz  suggest a good book for ca final advanced management accounting (new)through which i can prepare well based on self study.i need a book where problems have been solved with proper explanations.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND MY NEED AND REPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Better you can opt for MP Vijay kumar even for new course....

Replied 09 February 2010

Student should keep the ICAI material as a base and one reference book can be suggested ...The padhuka publications are mostly a replica of ICAI study material along with the Past question of ICAI.....Now a days, competitive scenario and there are various authors books are available......

ravi. (article trainee) (424 Points)
Replied 09 February 2010

Hello....

To Vivek Sir..

To be true, i m not making the comment on you...no way, i cant go through that...

In Fact, I am your big fan..i dont know whether you mean it after all this.....

I like each and every article of urs like MICS, for exam preparation,etc...

my only intention was that modules are not upto standard as of today...today the world class books are available..also if module takes X hours, then text-books takes half of that., also with many examples..today the one should appreciate this point..the world is changing fast...n one shuld be smarter in less years than which earlier generation took..

thats was my point...anyways i dont want any want to comment again on this issue....

better to concentrate on vision of this site..

bye sir..

CA kuldeep kothari (own practice) (375 Points)
Replied 10 February 2010

/forum/collection-of-notes-and-ammendments-old-n-new-ca-final-68353.asp on above thread u cn find sum ammendments n useful notes

Kavan Pathak (Article) (29 Points)
Replied 12 February 2010

Thank u sir....for suggest

I have attempt in Nov 2009. yet not cleared 2nd group of pcc (agreegate problm)

so now how can i read and suggest me the books so i can pass out in may 2010.

thank u sir....

Replied 12 February 2010

The Discussion  may be useful for all the students who are appearing for final

preeti (student) (143 Points)
Replied 12 February 2010

Thank u sir.

Replied 12 February 2010

Originally posted by : preeti

Thank u sir.

Yours welcome

Mythreya (Finance IT & Accounting)   (2183 Points)
Replied 12 February 2010

I read this interesting thread and thus would like to comment on the thread message thus:

Following germane points regarding books,senior vs recently qualified people,advices must be noted:

• Any reference book(as long as it is good,statistically popular among students and acclaimed a good one,etc) is fine.It is how you study the book,how many times you revise the book,etc which is important.
  • Studymaterials are important except for just a few subjects like Indirect and Direct Taxes(which need improvement and updation).Here too one should procure and make a thorough reding of the final Direct Taxes supplementary papers/Case laws/Amendments for direct/Indirect Taxes given by the ICAI during the last month before the relevant attempt.ICAI issues that with a purpose.Also, Rackechaji hinted at the exam questions being set by oldtimers(senior CAs) who mainly use a combination of Studymaterials,Compilers(old exam questions),RTPs,CIMA and other institute past exam questions,a few foreign books some times(like Colin Drury,Horngren,etc),etc.Study material fits a major space in the preparation.So ignoring this is at one's peril.Some reference materials like Padhukas are really good because they combine "Both worlds"(Study material,RTPs,Past exam questions & original questions from CIMA and other materials with conceptual based questions).The problem is students dont read even Padhukas properly and think it is a guide in question-answer format!
  • Who gives the advice is important but not when that guy or gal has passed the attempt.A person who has passed recently might not have the inclination,communicative ability,genuine care and concern for you,the advisory intelligence factoring in your shortcomings,and sometimes has negative traits like perversity/jealousy,etc to help you.So you must take such advices given by people who have passed yet giving strange advices with a BUCKET of salt(not pinch of salt).
  • The student must seek counsel with people who are not just academically intelligent and who have cleared the exam recently but with people who have advisory intelligence(the person might have failed 13 times and cleared! or might have cleared 10 attempts ago!--this fact is immaterial!),the genuineness to help you,reliability,touch with trends(example:Professors who have cleared the exams 2 decades ago yet having touch with the current trends of the exam),intelligence to analyze patterns/trends,etc are important.I stay in Canada and now am in India for a few months but then am in touch with whats going on in my dear ICAI and also talk with some students(some in my homestead giving CA attempts)
  • When you get advices, you must look at endemic biases(bias for southindian books by a Southindian,Northindian authors by Northindians,etc),personal bias,intellectual level of the advisor,etc.The student needs to use a huge dose of commonsense(unfortunately uncommon amongst students).
  • Caution must be exercised here by the student to evade people(seniors or otherwise) who are either trapped in big ego-ruts(considering themselves too extraordinary or divine to have cleared this 'man-made' CA exam) or who are plain jealous of you,or perverted(gaining a pervert satisfaction in misguiding people).DO NOT be naiive and think all are good people.This course makes many selfish and perverted too at times!
  • One thing youngsters like us must know and note in life is to give respect to Seniors as all are not bad.Also, one day we too will be seniors(no one is eternally young.As in Vedas it is said" Kalah: Bhakshayathi sarvam!"(Time eats all!).If we do not set a pattern for youngsters to emulate us,then one fine day our asses too would be kicked by the then youngsters.This is what is happening in USA.(Im well aware of the CPA situation in USA too as I did my MBA there and am doing my CPA currently there)

So these are my two cents(or should I say 1 rupee?) on the issue!

Ever luvin' u,

Mythreya

2 Like

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 13 February 2010

From Page 5 of this forum:

sudhir Maheshwari(Mumbai)
CA Final

6. Do you know what is the future strategy of the Institute ?

For Point No. 6, I don’t want to discuss here because students are Genius enough to predict...

There r Appox 160000 CA's till date n Around 200000 Students registered with ICAI.. "

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Presently there are 6,20,000+ students, please note. 

1 Like

Mythreya (Finance IT & Accounting)   (2183 Points)
Replied 13 February 2010

Originally posted by : sudhir Maheshwari(Mumbai)

6.      Do you know what is the future strategy of the Institute ?

For Point No. 6,  I don’t want to discuss here because students are Genius enough to predict...

There r Appox 160000 CA's till date n Around 200000 Students registered with ICAI.. 

Membership

Total Members as on 1.4.2009--->1,53,600

(This is the latest official figure we have from ICAI.org.Now,obviously,the figure must be more.)

(Source: https://www.icai.org/resource_file/1727560thAnnualReport08-09.pdf )

Category of Members     Fellow  Associate Total of Columns

In Full Time Practice   51298     19064        70362

In Part-time Practice     3081       5230            8311

Not in Practice             9539      65388         74927

63918      89682       153600

If you look at Page 101 of the url provided above past three years CPT admissions is itself a whopping 4,45,582 students! and then when it comes to finally the Final exam the number of registered students trickles down to 68,152 which means roughly only 15% of the students who first enroll into CPT these days are finally able to cross all hurdles and register themselves as CA Final students.(Which means number of CA students registered from inception of ICAI must be a really really whopping figure!!).My Paternal grandfather was a GDA(Group diploma in Accountancy) from Mumbai those days(Pre-British days),He was conferred the FCA title when the ICAI was formed,My maternal Grandfather was also an FCA,then my brother,his sons(my uncles),my brother-in-law,cousins,etc have all become CAs....But I tell you ONE THING with the full experience of knowing the ICAI over so many generations....> In all ages,at all times, the going was tough for students to clear the exams.

Now, those who pass the CA exam is a different statistic.And it is abysmally low as many old-timers,repeat-attempters,etc keep writing the exams.

This makes the Course most sought-after,yet the most difficult to finally become a CA.This adds to the value and prestige of the course.

Sometimes even Statistics speaks the truth.

Keep reading my posts/articles.Have confidence and win it all!

Statistics are there,but you don't give a D-a-m-n to the odds stacked against you and win it!

Let other keep reading the statistics and become either afraid or pissed-off,meanwhile you coolly study,strategize and win the CA battle,then you can cool the heels and also talk about Statistics! ;)

Mythreya

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26263 Points)
Replied 14 February 2010

"Let other keep reading the statistics and become either afraid or pissed-off,meanwhile you coolly study,strategize and win the CA battle,then you can cool the heels and also talk about Statistics! Hehe! -

Mythreya"

My Dear Friend,

Students can score 90+ marks in statistics; but unable to apply it practically in life !

However; we must keep sharing. If it is helpful to 1 person; our purpose of writing is over.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: