Giving up exams......

*RENU SINGH * (✩ §m!ℓ!ñġ €ม€§ fℓม!ñġ ђ♪gђ✩ )   (21627 Points)

06 November 2011  

My, this article is truly dedicated to everyone who is giving his/her exams  during this nov/ dec. Time has come and everyone is totally indulged into sea-deep study.Exams are usually unexpected as given by ICAI….sometimes the paper is too easy ..that we all get used to surprise and ask ourself …marking will be tough then …as according to the rule “Easy paper and tough checking”

Sometimes the paper is damn tough that u just lost ur all senses and easily waved with the thoughts of failure. What will happen next ??? I am not even able to answer any question then  how can I ans those question in a perfect manner ???

Preparation skills … 

If u r half prepared and u have already given ur exams and now thinking .. what should I really do ? Should I give my next exam ?  My preparation was good …but now I am feeling like ..My  presentation is not as according to my expectation … Spl to the expectation of ICAI.

Suppose the papers are good :-

Let’s assume that u are an average student and papers are good . But u have to confess yourself again and again that I am not doing good. So the next thought came in mind to skip the attempt and be best prepared for tomorrow. As , today you are good. Tomorrow will be best . But just tell me 1 thing …who guarantees that what storm or happiness lies in future ??

You never know...It can be possible that exams can be so tough that you can’t do anything expect biting your nails. So can you let go your six months in the crisis of defining future.

And suppose if the paper is really tough, and then don’t be afraid. Just count your possibilities. Leaving something in half, won’t satisfy you and make you nervous all the time and challenging your believes everytime ..that I couldn’t do it.

Just focus on this point that you agree with the question paper and its easy according to you.Listen , I am not talking about your friends … what’s their decision. So please don’t focus on their lives.Let them live at their rules.

So what you can do :-

• Allow a separate hour for revision before going to exam ,don’t focus on this point that you have not completed your syllabus yet. Because the revision will ensure your retaining power of the topics.
  • If you are too fast in reading the question paper and get hesitated easily …Then will advise you to take your water bottle along with you. So that, whenever you feel nervous, you can make yourself calm.
  • Discussion with friends: this thing can be crucial for some. But it really benefitted me all the time. Making friends doesn’t make a problem. It’s a stress buster.
  • In my case ..Whatever question, my friends used to ask me …usme se 1 q  will surely come. So, I use to allow them asking question . Because may be , due to goodluck I can secure 5 marks atleast.
  • If the tough paper even comes, then remember one thing “ There is always scoring portion the question paper. You might not know the whole paper exactly. But you have not even done everything wrong. In short “  kuch to sahi kiya hoga”
  • If you are facing horrible dreams like …you are running out of time or you couldn’t attempt any question  or forgot everything. It simply means that your fear is catching you from inside and you can’t perform your best even if you can. So just be careful.
  • If you are feeling like leaving examination hall then first assess yourself and write whatever you have learnt from anywhere…you never know what’s in the brain ….

“ I wanna share my experience here. I was in school and our S.S.T teacher announced one thing “ I will award marks according to the size of questions answered. You have to fill 1 page for 3 marks atleast. This really made me nervous ,even our whole class. But I was more stupid then anyone else. I bought a new guide instead  of key where the answers are hardly 3-4 lines. And obviously guide wording were totally new as well as quite tough for me. So in the examination hall …I was simply a blank head for almost 30 minutes. In short ..I had declared myself fail. I was just remembering my Pooja Mam sentence … ‘you will give answer to your parents .I won’t be responsible for your failure.You are just taking a stupid decision and surely fail .... forget about your position completely.

But suddenly after 10 minutes I thought to write whatever comes in my mind. And I filled 3 sheets then.But still ..I don’t know what was I writing. I wrote whatever I had learnt in class and from my key + guide.

And my friends were asking how was exam . My ans was …I want 7 marks only.It’ll be God gift to me. But it’s a surety that I won’t lose my position for it and I m gonna work harder for the rest of exams.

On the declaration of results , SST teacher called my name. I was sure …mere marks bht khrab aaye honge ..tabhi naam liya h .. But still praying ..Godji bas 7 marks dila dena ..baki dekh lenge. But when he announced my result ..it was 20 marks. He said I couldn’t cut the marks as you covered each and everything in the same manner in which I want. I was literally surprised .

In short ..bad incidents are not really badenlightened. They gives you best gifts of your lifeheart. So, never lose your hope  and simply say yourself “I’ll do itsmiley

Regards

Renu.